SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 9, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #751 of 1,094
Anyone knows if the 1964 audio U12 (Multi BA, 16 Ohms) would work for the M1Pro? Not yet bought the M1. I do own the U12 though. But first I need need to have some sort of conformation if those two would work well together, impedance-wise.
Even better if someone has tried this combination :beerchug:  

I think fumoffuXx has the 8-driver IEM from 64 Audio and really likes the pairing.

When I tried with the Empire Ears lineup with Esther Analog, I found the 3 & 4 drivers sounded great. 6 & 8 drivers sounded a bit mushy. 10 & 12 drivers sounded very mushy, with loss of bass impact and deadened treble. I attribute this to the DAP's high Output Impedance and hope Soundaware can put out a DAP with lower OI to play nicely with more TOTL multi-BA IEM. I haven't tried M1 Pro, but I suspect it might suffer from the same issues.

That said, this wasn't with U12 so maybe those would synergize nicely with M1 Pro...

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #754 of 1,094
@audionewbi I listen to DD IEMS predominantly. I am really enjoying Esther with them. I've only tried 2, Sony Xb90ex and RHA T10. Both sound amazing. ASG G2, I have to give them a listen. I haven't been able to give them a go. Being a hybrid, might be interesting.

thanks for that, it is a promising sign. I wait for the release of the studio edition. 

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #756 of 1,094
thanks for that, it is a promising sign. I wait for the release of the studio edition. 

If you have any of the chord dacs, you owe it to yourself to try the m1pro out as a transport with them via coaxial. It is by far, the best portable transport I have heard, beside my x5 as a transport, the difference is simply incredible, you will not believe that it's merely a transport differences. Heck most daps don't even have so much of a difference themselves.

A lot of people say that the mojo has a small soundstage. Sure it's no Hugo, but when paired with the Esther, I can't imagine how anyone will say it's soundstage is small, it is significantly larger than any dap I've tried when paired with the m1pro, but not so much when paired with the x5 :p

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #757 of 1,094
I was just using the Mojo with the M1, very impressive sound. Listening to Stevie Nicks live, Rhiannon. I love what I'm hearing. I wish I had a proper coax cable for it so I could listen properly.

Apr 9, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #759 of 1,094
I'm going to need a little more time for that bro. I don't have that many hours with the M1. I've also listed mostly with the X7 with DSP (rooted with Viper4Android if you are familiar). I've used the X7 in Stock form very little. I'll try to do some direct comparisons tonight, which won't go over well, movie time with wifey. Tomorrow as well.

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #760 of 1,094
If you have any of the chord dacs, you owe it to yourself to try the m1pro out as a transport with them via coaxial. It is by far, the best portable transport I have heard, beside my x5 as a transport, the difference is simply incredible, you will not believe that it's merely a transport differences. Heck most daps don't even have so much of a difference themselves.

A lot of people say that the mojo has a small soundstage. Sure it's no Hugo, but when paired with the Esther, I can't imagine how anyone will say it's soundstage is small, it is significantly larger than any dap I've tried when paired with the m1pro, but not so much when paired with the x5
tongue.gif

I have seen some data on soomal regarding esther spdif out, I could not make sense of it completely but the figures look too good to be true. Here is the link http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100006514.htm

What I dont understand is how the spdif96 values were better than the spdif 44?

Apr 10, 2016 at 12:43 AM Post #761 of 1,094
I have seen some data on soomal regarding esther spdif out, I could not make sense of it completely but the figures look too good to be true. Here is the link http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100006514.htm

I'm not too certain how to interpret data regarding digital output, but I can assure you that with my ears, the Esther is an amazing digital transport.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #762 of 1,094

When I tried with the Empire Ears lineup with Esther Analog, I found the 3 & 4 drivers sounded great. 6 & 8 drivers sounded a bit mushy. 10 & 12 drivers sounded very mushy, with loss of bass impact and deadened treble. I attribute this to the DAP's high Output Impedance and hope Soundaware can put out a DAP with lower OI to play nicely with more TOTL multi-BA IEM. I haven't tried M1 Pro, but I suspect it might suffer from the same issues.

That said, this wasn't with U12 so maybe those would synergize nicely with M1 Pro...

Forgive me if it was mentioned before, but what is the output impedance of the M1? I was noticing that some of my IEMs had a more impact sound out of the Mojo so this might explain what is going on.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #764 of 1,094
Forgive me if it was mentioned before, but what is the output impedance of the M1? I was noticing that some of my IEMs had a more impact sound out of the Mojo so this might explain what is going on.

Pretty sure Mary told me 10ohm Currawong. I told her to pass along a message to the engineers that 10ohm is high and can have detrimental impact on multi-BA IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back