SOUNDAWARE M1(PRO) Portable Player with Proprietary FPGA Architecture
Apr 6, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #721 of 1,094
I tried that yesterday, playing the same track using an AK100 as a transport to the Mojo, then using the M1. The difference was so noticeable that I am going to check that it isn't playing louder, which should be impossible.

You are absolutely right, the difference is big, and it's not the volume.nin fact the difference is bigger than what you get most of the time between different DAPs. While the ak100 stacks nicely with the mojo, it is in no way capable of bringing out the best in the mojo.

It is a real pity that the Esther isn't more popular.

Btw, if you have the chance, you got to try out the other versions of the Esther, I guarantee you won't be disappointed, especially the m1pros :)

Apr 7, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #722 of 1,094
You are absolutely right, the difference is big, and it's not the volume.nin fact the difference is bigger than what you get most of the time between different DAPs. While the ak100 stacks nicely with the mojo, it is in no way capable of bringing out the best in the mojo.

It is a real pity that the Esther isn't more popular.

Btw, if you have the chance, you got to try out the other versions of the Esther, I guarantee you won't be disappointed, especially the m1pros
smily_headphones1.gif

Any recommended coax cables for the Esther --> MoJo?

Apr 7, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #724 of 1,094
Based on the above posts, I understand that Esther as a transport sounds better than AK100, is that correct? Does Esther with Mojo sound better than Esther alone?

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #726 of 1,094
I'm listening right now to the Esther M1, really impressive sound. Could probably listen live day on this player. So smooth.

Anyway, I see some mojo talk. Trying to get mine to work. Tried with Moon audio coax, black Dragon (works with Fiio X7), no luck. Also tried a regular IC, no luck. Would love to hear these together as they stack real nice together.

Apr 7, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #727 of 1,094
I'm listening right now to the Esther M1, really impressive sound. Could probably listen live day on this player. So smooth.

Anyway, I see some mojo talk. Trying to get mine to work. Tried with Moon audio coax, black Dragon (works with Fiio X7), no luck. Also tried a regular IC, no luck. Would love to hear these together as they stack real nice together.

does it have eq, and how it compares with x7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back