Sony WM1AM2 and WM1ZM2 Android Walkman Optimization Guide
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #121 of 159
What was one of the main things you did that you felt helped a lot? Turning off sensors was something I never would have don't without thos thread.

Honestly I don’t understand Android enough to really know, but I’m assuming restricting a lot of the stuff I didn’t care about (I only use this for music and music streaming) was huge.

Jan 22, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #122 of 159
If I had the cash, I'll add zm2 as it has the perfect aspect of your typical Sony house sound,which paired with likes of Noble Ragnar, or Rhapsodio Supreme 3, provide perfect Synergy.

Jan 28, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #123 of 159
Hello guys, I have a question for @ Sonywalkmanuser and @ Whitigear. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with deleting Android or any apps. I tried 3 times to delete everything that sounded like phone settings. Unfortunately it didn't work. Had to do a factory reset 3 times because the player wouldn't boot up.
Now I'm thinking about deleting the Sony help app and the high sound quality app too. It could be that I'm wrong, but the Klangq Qualitaets app is only for information that you should burn in the player for 200 hours. Or does it have any functions? I don't feel like doing everything the fourth time. Thank you in advance for your information

Jan 29, 2024 at 2:03 AM Post #124 of 159
It's going to take awhile to find out which bloatware app is deem safe to remove via ADB without bricking/crashing the walkman

So far these are safe to remove:
Google Assistant com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Google Photos com.google.android.apps.photos
Google Docs com.google.android.apps.docs
Google Maps com.google.android.apps.maps
Google Calendar com.google.android.calendar
Gmail com.google.android.gm
Google TV com.google.android.videos
Google Duo com.google.android.apps.tachyon
Digital Wellbeing com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Google Location History com.google.android.gms.location.history
Android Sound Recorder com.android.soundrecorder
Android Accessibility Suite com.google.android.marvin.talkback
Speech Services by Google com.google.android.tts
Google Store App Feedback com.google.android.feedback
Print Service com.android.bips
Google Workspace/Enterprise Management com.android.managedprovisioning
Printer Service com.android.printspooler
Calendar Sync com.android.providers.calendar
Google Music EQ com.android.musicfx
Android Easter Egg com.android.egg
Calculator com.google.android.calculator
Wireless emergency alerts com.google.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
Print Service Recommendation Service com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Live Wallpaper Picker com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
Blocked Numbers Storage com.android.providers.blockednumber
Android Auto com.google.android.projection.gearhead
Basic Daydreams com.android.dreams.basic
Google Backup com.android.localtransport

Please do follow my guide and remove as per listed above and do not delete/disable anything else that is not on the list unless you are feeling adventurous. You may think these android phone related apps are not important but they are essential android system apps that must remain untouched or else your Walkman will end up in a boot loop or even get bricked. You had been warned, please take heed.

Hello guys, I have a question for @ Sonywalkmanuser and @ Whitigear. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with deleting Android or any apps. I tried 3 times to delete everything that sounded like phone settings. Unfortunately it didn't work. Had to do a factory reset 3 times because the player wouldn't boot up.
Now I'm thinking about deleting the Sony help app and the high sound quality app too. It could be that I'm wrong, but the Klangq Qualitaets app is only for information that you should burn in the player for 200 hours. Or does it have any functions? I don't feel like doing everything the fourth time. Thank you in advance for your information

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #125 of 159
@Sonywalkmanuser. I have deleted everything that is on your list. And 2 or 3 of Whitigir's list. I kept Playstore, Google Play and Framework because I wanted to test Apple Music. Everything works wonderfully too. I was only interested in the 2 Sony apps. Because I think that they have no function for the functioning of the Sony music player. Or is it?

Jan 29, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #126 of 159
@Sonywalkmanuser. I have deleted everything that is on your list. And 2 or 3 of Whitigir's list. I kept Playstore, Google Play and Framework because I wanted to test Apple Music. Everything works wonderfully too. I was only interested in the 2 Sony apps. Because I think that they have no function for the functioning of the Sony music player. Or is it?
I haven’t remove these two Sony apps but I would believe it is ok to remove them from function perspective, they are both just information apps. Although I would be careful about the other Sony system apps. Some of them may have hidden functions.

There are some other Reddit threads that you can check out about debloating, although they are for another android walkman model, I would believe Sony android Walkmans are quite similar:

https://www.reddit.com/r/walkman/s/4c1QkGBwPU
https://www.reddit.com/r/walkman/s/YOGPIPLusc

Jan 29, 2024 at 1:16 PM Post #128 of 159
Just to note, you can also selectively disable Google Playstore and Google Services Framework. These two apps are required to update android apps which you can periodically re-enable back to do the updates then disable them once the updates are done. By disabling them, there would be less bloatware running in the background. I won’t recommend removing them unless you plan on using other App Store like APKPure or if you are going to use your Walkman purely non-streaming with the Sony Music Player app.

Jan 29, 2024 at 9:41 PM Post #130 of 159
Jan 30, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #131 of 159
In the last few days I have been deleting unnecessary things on my AM 2 and have also had 3 accidents and have only been able to do a factory reset using a key combination. I ended up deleting a lot. 1. Everything suggested by Sonywalkmanuser. 2. Everything suggested by Whitigir. Then I had a link from Sonywalkmanuser, but it wasn't specifically for the AM 2. So there was some risk.
I was really brave and then deleted everything that was left from the list from the Reddit chat. After deleting, I restarted. No problems booting up. Of course I also adopted all the settings from Sonywalkmanuser. What can I say, everything works smoothly. I also think that somehow it sounds better now. But it could also be that I'm imagining it. I'm curious to see what you say. So you can delete everything from the list with peace of mind.

https://www.reddit.com/r/walkman/co...p&utm_name=ioscss&utm_source=share&utm_term=1

Feb 1, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #132 of 159
Just to note:
If you disable or remove the following:
Printer Service com.android.printspooler

It may cause Settings to become unresponsive for a while when you go to Bluetooth settings.

You have to wait for a while before settings become responsive again.

It’s not really a big issue in my opinion but if you need to be accessing Bluetooth settings regularly then you may want to keep the print spooler enabled.

Feb 2, 2024 at 7:57 PM Post #134 of 159
On my 1am2 Microsoft swift ( from playstore ) isn't compatible ..any other ? Or should i install it as an apk?
Won’t recommend Microsoft swift keyboard anymore since it’s now more bloatware with its inclusion of AI functions that is not useful for Walkman usage. Use alternatives like Simple Keyboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back