SONY NWZ-A10 Series
Feb 11, 2015 at 8:59 AM Post #2,701 of 7,541
Where did you get the sd adapter? I wonder if you could still fit the silicone case over this using the adapter. I like the 256 gb idea.

If it can be tucked into the case, oh man, lol. This Walkman is totally boss.

Looks like this one:
http://www.dx.com/p/sd-to-microsd-transflash-card-converter-module-27001#.VNq9dPmUcrI

But the Micro SD is just flat flex, does it say in well?

Yes, that's the exact one I ordered.
And yes, there's a bit of "play" with the adapter... (it got disconnected because I moved it too abruptly!!) But I guess that can be remedied by either using a case, or velcro. Once the memory gets home, I'll play around and take another pic (and see if it works A-Ok).

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #2,702 of 7,541
But the Micro SD is just flat flex, does it say in well?

Yes, that's the exact one I ordered.
And yes, there's a bit of "play" with the adapter... (it got disconnected because I moved it too abruptly!!) But I guess that can be remedied by either using a case, or velcro. Once the memory gets home, I'll play around and take another pic (and see if it works A-Ok).

why not wait for the 256GB microSD to be released?
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #2,703 of 7,541
why not wait for the 256GB microSD to be released? :D

That will be really expensive

Slightly tangential, but friends who bought the Sony D-100 use 256GB SD cards and the PNY branded one is currently USD90 only

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:55 AM Post #2,704 of 7,541
@spatzi did you got superb battery life with the Line-out ? you had said that 20h and was still full battery icon now i wonder
eek.gif
 if it would last 40+ hours

Feb 11, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #2,705 of 7,541
Feb 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #2,706 of 7,541

Err, please don't count me in.

:wink:

(discounting sound quality, especially on the X5, I think it is the better player... :p Otherwise, yeah, entirely debatable.)

Feb 11, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,707 of 7,541
I really wish someone would compare X5 + E12 to A10 + E12... (I really like my E12 
biggrin.gif
 )

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #2,708 of 7,541

I prefer my A17 over the X3 but not the X5.  The X5 is clearly a better sounding DAP IMO.  It is a tight race between the A17 & X3 IMO.

Feb 11, 2015 at 5:33 PM Post #2,709 of 7,541
I prefer my A17 over the X3 but not the X5.  The X5 is clearly a better sounding DAP IMO.  It is a tight race between the A17 & X3 IMO.

me too walkman sounds btter than x3  that i have set my x3 excusively for the car stereo

Feb 11, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #2,711 of 7,541
  me too walkman sounds btter than x3  that i have set my x3 excusively for the car stereo

That's good to know! I had an X3 and the micro SD cards i needed in the cart at Amazon and cancelled the order 2 minutes after I placed it to go to the NWZ-A17!  Always KINDA wondered if I did the right thing...

It isn't quite a clear cut IMO.  The X3 has a more powerful, however, it also focus too much of its energy on the bass notes IMO.  At the end of the day, I went with the A17 over the X3 b/c it works better with my JH13pro.  If I have a more difficult to drive phones that is a little lacking in bass, the X3 will likely be my choice.

Feb 11, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #2,712 of 7,541

Everyone on this sony thread knows the sony is waaaaayyyyy better than the fiio x1/x3/x5

same here. I find all fiio superior when it comes to overall audio fidelity and versatility. I use the Sony because it's much more practical and that in my book deserves a lot of glory. but audio specs are nothing special.

Feb 11, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #2,714 of 7,541

The 'problem' with X3 is that it has a warmish sound signature that might or might not work for everyone. In contrast, X1's sound signature has better compromise while X5's sound signature is definitely more toward audiophile's taste. The funny thing is that the same X3 sound signature is wildly loved in China, where most clearly preferred a warmer sound. Some even go as far as saying X5 is a 'failure of tuning' because it is way too sterile. As the first of the X series, X3 is obviously tuned more toward FiiO's home market. But as time X5 and X1 comes along, you can see they are getting better at find the 'right sound' for the different market each DAP is targeting.

X3 will be replaced by X3 mark 2 pretty soon though, so there will be a whole new ball game.

Feb 12, 2015 at 12:32 AM Post #2,715 of 7,541

The 'problem' with X3 is that it has a warmish sound signature that might or might not work for everyone. In contrast, X1's sound signature has better compromise while X5's sound signature is definitely more toward audiophile's taste. The funny thing is that the same X3 sound signature is wildly loved in China, where most clearly preferred a warmer sound. Some even go as far as saying X5 is a 'failure of tuning' because it is way too sterile. As the first of the X series, X3 is obviously tuned more toward FiiO's home market. But as time X5 and X1 comes along, you can see they are getting better at find the 'right sound' for the different market each DAP is targeting.

X3 will be replaced by X3 mark 2 pretty soon though, so there will be a whole new ball game.

Yup, I totally agreed with your remarks.  The X5 has such a refined sound for the price...infact it redefined what you can get under $500.  Sadly its UI is very lacking and even "strange" in a way.  I love the fact that its soundstage depth & width are some of its best quality.  The X3 is overly warmth and has a bass bump that is too strong for my taste.  Instruments and musical details are muddied up together compared to a more refined presentation on the X5.  The A17 just match better with my JH13pro, plus you just can't beat it on the size/UI alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back