Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 12, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #316 of 2,773
Quote:
These are also already widely avaible in germany, online aswell as in local electronics shops. In both colors.

For sale already? Or just demos on shelves? I was under the impression that they don't go on sale until month end.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:00 AM Post #317 of 2,773
For sale actually, i was surprised to see them so early. We already have one owner on the german hifi-forum. From his reports it seems the mids are natural sounding and great for vocals, that made me really curious. Won't be getting mine before xmas though.

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:10 AM Post #318 of 2,773
Quote:
For sale actually, i was surprised to see them so early. We already have one owner on the german hifi-forum. From his reports it seems the mids are natural sounding and great for vocals, that made me really curious. Won't be getting mine before xmas though.

I have the 1Rs and BT and my colleague has the NC version for review (along with the PHA-1) but they're all on loan from Sony for review writing.

Middle is the MDR-1RBT, and bottom is MDR-1R, and next to it 1RNC (I think?).

PHA-1 2nd from the bottom :-

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #320 of 2,773
Quote:

I have the 1Rs and BT and my colleague has the NC version for review (along with the PHA-1) but they're all on loan from Sony for review writing.

Middle is the MDR-1RBT, and bottom is MDR-1R, and next to it 1RNC (I think?).

PHA-1 2nd from the bottom :-

Can you measure the cup inner diameter on the 1R? (width and height)

Oct 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #321 of 2,773
Quote:
You are such a tease AnaKChan, the 1R seems to have a very similar size cup to the M100, thought it would be bigger.

You say I'm a tease and you're asking about cup size comparisons :wink:??

Quote:
Can you measure the cup inner diameter on the 1R? (width and height)

6cm x 3.5cm or thereabouts??

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #323 of 2,773
How do the midrange compare on Sony 1R vs M100? Which has a more forward midrange?

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #324 of 2,773
Quote:

You say I'm a tease and you're asking about cup size comparisons :wink:??

6cm x 3.5cm or thereabouts??

I really hope you compare both of these here and/or in the M100 thread as I see you have a post were you will do comparisons?!?! Care to give us a "taste" of the differences? :p

Thanks.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #325 of 2,773
@eron, actually as much as I'd like to get the M8, I've just started a new family (baby's almost 5 weeks old) and my audio spending will be curbed :wink:. I sorta managed to squeeze in my last minute purchases before he was born but now that he's out...so's the budget :wink:. Which is a pity 'cos the new balanced CLAS is also out.

RPG/gelocks, actually despite having the 1Rs for 2 weeks, I've actually not given it a proper listen (and will need to do so soon 'cos gotta return them back to Sony month end). Post listening, I'll be giving a proper review of them. I'd rather save preliminary thoughts for the review though. Sorry about that.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #326 of 2,773
Quote:
RPG/gelocks, actually despite having the 1Rs for 2 weeks, I've actually not given it a proper listen (and will need to do so soon 'cos gotta return them back to Sony month end). Post listening, I'll be giving a proper review of them. I'd rather save preliminary thoughts for the review though. Sorry about that.

Awesome.

Thanks!

P.S. I still don't know which one looks better... the silver+brown combo of the Sonys just appeal to me a bit more and if the sound is respectable, I'll definitely get them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back