SMSL Sanskrit 24bit 192kHz USB DAC
Oct 11, 2015 at 4:40 PM Post #18 of 156

The Sanskrit, is the only one that i can buy on the italian amazon :/

I'm from Italy too and I took a look at what's available on Amazon, I think you won't regret choosing at least the SMSL M6 (160€) if not the M8 (249€).

The Sanskrit is really very basic and does not support 192kHz on USB (it does support 192kHz on coaxial, when it works).

Instead, the others two I mentioned support all up to 384. M8 supports DSD too.

Check out older posts in this thread if you are willing to buy outside Amazon but in Europe: there are other options at low prices.

Cheers

Oct 11, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #19 of 156

I'm from Italy too and I took a look at what's available on Amazon, I think you won't regret choosing at least the SMSL M6 (160€) if not the M8 (249€).

The Sanskrit is really very basic and does not support 192kHz on USB (it does support 192kHz on coaxial, when it works).
Instead, the others two I mentioned support all up to 384. M8 supports DSD too.

Check out older posts in this thread if you are willing to buy outside Amazon but in Europe: there are other options at low prices.

Cheers

Oh great! Thank you!
Do you know the M6??

Oct 11, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #22 of 156

Yes, i can imagine, it cost the double than the M6 but i can't efford it now :frowning2:

Maybe you can take your chances and try the M6 on Amazon, and return it for free (if you have a Prime account) in a few days if you don't like it.
Also take into account the M6 has a headphone amp included, the M8 doesn't and requires another component if you want to listen to it on headphones.

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #23 of 156
I actually use one of their Class-D amplifiers for my fe103 speakers, sounds decent, it only costs about $30, so no complaints at all. 
cool.gif

Guess this one should at least be a worthy DAC for its price.

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #27 of 156
  Good to know but... what about mine, which doesn't, while it should? :-O

@DjBobby: does it work @192kHz on USB or only coaxial/optical?
Specs sometimes are ambiguous

Thanks

On all 3 inputs. I was checking and switching like mad between all possible resolutions on MacbookPro through Swinsian, and got them all 
smile_phones.gif
. In Macs Audio-Midi-Setup it shows the actual output resolution, it was alway switching correct all the way up to 192khz. 

Feb 10, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #29 of 156
I'm going to chime in on this one, due to form factor needs in a PC I had upgraded from an Essence STX to a Sanskrit 6th + E09K Amp setup. The increase in quality was drastic, soundstage opened up very much and its been a fantastic experience every time I put on my headphones (DT770 250). I've considered upgrading to the Asgard 2+Dac but... I just can't do it! I'm using the 24bit/96 setting over USB currently, but will be grabbing a cable now to test higher. Honestly, for the money this DAC is spot on and looks great under the E09K, when it comes to quality, you're getting well more than the asking price. 

Feb 11, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #30 of 156
  I'm going to chime in on this one, due to form factor needs in a PC I had upgraded from an Essence STX to a Sanskrit 6th + E09K Amp setup. The increase in quality was drastic, soundstage opened up very much and its been a fantastic experience every time I put on my headphones (DT770 250). I've considered upgrading to the Asgard 2+Dac but... I just can't do it! I'm using the 24bit/96 setting over USB currently, but will be grabbing a cable now to test higher. Honestly, for the money this DAC is spot on and looks great under the E09K, when it comes to quality, you're getting well more than the asking price. 

+1. Since I got my Sanskrit 6th, I totally forgot about the dac issues. Just listening and enjoying the music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back