SMSL Sanskrit 24bit 192kHz USB DAC
Sep 19, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #151 of 156
Just bought the mk2. Waiting it ships from China.

Saw a sound demo comparison between this and topping e30. The mk2 is far superior in staging, instruments placement and tonality.

Im in the camp of "sick" of sabre zing... So it took me awhile to research a good dac to try out. It seems like SMSL is the best choice at this price

I love this DAC. It's the best I've had yet, great value. Slightly smoother than Sabre DAC which suits thinner sounding headphones/earphones. I love that it has optical too, means I can jump between PC and TV at the touch of a button.

Sep 19, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #152 of 156
I love this DAC. It's the best I've had yet, great value. Slightly smoother than Sabre DAC which suits thinner sounding headphones/earphones. I love that it has optical too, means I can jump between PC and TV at the touch of a button.
Ah yes, im pairing this with HD800!

Desktop-SMSL-Heron 5-HD800

I think the shipping is not gonna take that long from now on. Will update later.

Btw, some people said we need to use power bank the power up the AUX for better performance. Is it true?

Edit: if SMSL blown me away, I'll be saving money for SMSL M200 or M400. AKM based chip. Anyone here using these two to compare with SKmk2?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #153 of 156
mmm
at the end it says:

"EDIT: with input from SMSL engineers, the USB port is under powered. Using an external power supply restores full performance. See: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ts-of-smsl-sanskrit-10th-dac.5702/post-127278. Assuming that you use an external power supply with Sanskrit 10th, I can now recommend it."

I have several 9th generation ones with the linear power supply, very happy.
I just ordered sanskrit mk2 and wondering which linear supply you can recommend :)

Aug 11, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #154 of 156
Hi,
It is an old thead but anyway, I'm giving a chance to ask my question. I possess the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII and use it between my streamer Wiim Pro (coax connection between the two) and my power amplifier, an old NAD. I find the sound to be correct but would like to improve it at low expenses. I was thus considering SMSL Su-6 as an option. Do you think this will improve something? Or should I find something else in the same price range?

Aug 11, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #155 of 156
Hi,
It is an old thead but anyway, I'm giving a chance to ask my question. I possess the SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII and use it between my streamer Wiim Pro (coax connection between the two) and my power amplifier, an old NAD. I find the sound to be correct but would like to improve it at low expenses. I was thus considering SMSL Su-6 as an option. Do you think this will improve something? Or should I find something else in the same price range?
Depends what you'd want to improve about the sound? I use my 10th MK2 in my source rotation and enjoy it for it's smoother sound and synergy with brighter or thinner headphones. It's very musical which I put down to the AKM chip. From experience, Sabre dac chips are more clinical and immediate sounding... Tho not harsh. This gives the perception of greater detail.

The mkii is great for the money and the remote is nice extra. Especially for streaming or watching video

Aug 13, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #156 of 156
Thanks, I mostly use the Sanskrit to listen digital music on a home stereo system. I found the Sanskrit a bit messy on high frequencies. It is a bit agressive for me. I look at something warmer in this part of the spectrum. I have a DAP using a double Sabre ESS DAC which I found perfect. I'd like to find the same for my hifi home system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back