Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 14, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #9,122 of 41,214
Quote:
Some has to be crude and say it.... So I guess I might as well.
No-one likes a Saggy Rack.

biggrin.gif
 Good thing I replaced it. Well done, sir.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #9,126 of 41,214
very interesting story miki, here we also say lampa or lampe in plural which is slang for tubes. Seems like a universal word for Balkan and it seems for far east as well.

Oct 14, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #9,127 of 41,214
Quote:
It's a mechanical keyboard right?

literally not-too-mechanical.
it's hybrid anyway, topre capacitive switch.
using combination of rubber and spring
rolleyes.gif

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #9,129 of 41,214
So you're the who actually bought the Essence!! 
eek.gif
 jk

It's interesting that you prefer it to the WA6, which is very highly regarded. Very interesting. 

Oct 15, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #9,130 of 41,214
Quote:
So you're the who actually bought the Essence!! 
eek.gif
 jk

It's interesting that you prefer it to the WA6, which is very highly regarded. Very interesting. 

No stone should be left unturned in the search for high fidelity :D

Well, One > WA6SE was an overstatement, the WA6SE is preferable on some recordings but land behind on others. It's much smoother and doesn't control the bass as well as the Essence One. When I run elektronica like "Trentemoller" on One vs WA6-SE Beyerdynamic T1 sounds much wider and more controlled imo. The bass just consumes you. When I compared them I had a couple of RCA 6DE7 tubes in Woo + Mullard GZ37 rectifier, (military with brown base/raf markings). The T1's gets harsh on higher volumes on some types of music, so Woo is a better alternative for that. On electronica where things don't pierce your ears I'd definitely go with Xonar. :) I also like to run HD 650 and HD 600 on One. More defined and controlled bass, just like with LCD-2 r1/LCD-3/T1. The highs on HD 650 are pretty smooth too, so you can play them really loud on One without problems.

I'll be getting some opamps which enables me to switch things up a bit in the coming days, can't wait! :D

I relate a lot to most of this review of Xonar Essence One with LCD-2. I run bit perfect from foobar through ASIO and have flashed the unit with the latest firmware.

Oct 15, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #9,132 of 41,214
Quote:
I Just finished my Balance B22/Buffalo Dac DYI project and here's some pictures :D

It looks awesome. and then.. permanent marker :C. get some engraved and then stained words for that thing! and iso cones. but it looks awesome congrats! How long did it take?

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #9,134 of 41,214
That's a really original build. I don't think I've seen them in an all wooden casing before. It looks great.

Oct 15, 2012 at 9:16 PM Post #9,135 of 41,214
wow nice pics. definitely get something besides sharpie marker though 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back