Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Oct 13, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #9,109 of 41,101
Quote:
Lol, 

it was actually for the media player skin (Zune), I haven't seen one like that before.

But as I was typing it I guess the Schiit amp post beat me to it hahaha

tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #9,110 of 41,101

My rig in college. Lenovo SL510 =USB=> Bifrost =ALO=> Lyr (CV2492 Mullard) = > stock K701

The black box is a hardcase for transporting cigars... right now (as it was never used for cigars) it transports my tubes.

I nearly got arrested in Dubai airport because they didnt know what they were 
confused.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 9:16 AM Post #9,111 of 41,101
Quote:

My rig in college. Lenovo SL510 =USB=> Bifrost =ALO=> Lyr (CV2492 Mullard) = > stock K701

The black box is a hardcase for transporting cigars... right now (as it was never used for cigars) it transports my tubes.

I nearly got arrested in Dubai airport because they didnt know what they were 
confused.gif

Nice rig and great use of resources.....
tongue.gif

Oct 13, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #9,112 of 41,101
New rack. It looks like a Sanus (bought it on Craigslist for $25). Nice thing is it actually supports the weight of my receiver. The cheap rack I had before was starting to sag in the middle.

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:10 PM Post #9,116 of 41,101
Quote:
Please tell the story, got me interested. :)

Quote:

hehe,, so while on my internship in the UAE (I was in Abu Dhabi), I bought the Schiit gear from a fellow head-fier in Dubai along with 2 sets of tubes. On my way home I had packed them in my luggage which I checked in (I hate doing this, im always afraid something might happen to them) while I had the tubes in the hand luggage (in the box), being the most shock sensitive and all.

So as I passed passport control and went for the security check, I had my bag x-rayed and they asked me to stand aside. It was the first (and only) time something like this had happened, ive never had any trouble at airports before, and I fly quite often. The Arab lady that was working as security made me open the bag in the most cautious way possible and asked me to open the box where the tubes were.

At this point, I realized I might be in risk of loosing the tubes, because I know how ignorant people can be and just treat them as hazardous objects and ask me to throw them away. This got me really nervous and the lady seemed to have noticed that. I could see her eyes (being the only thing I can see, as she was all covered in the habaya) moving around, as she started raising her voice and gathering other security. Eventually as I opened the box with like 5 security guards staring at me, she takes one of the tubes and starts swinging it around trying to figure out what it is. One guard that spoke English asked me to explain what it was and I tried explaining that it was about: audio, music, headphones, amplifier... etc. They seemed even more confused.

Eventually I realized that our word for tube (in Macedonian, that as a language was largely influenced by Turkish which in turn has a lot of Arabic words) is "lampa" (like lamp), so I said that and they started repeating: lampa, lampa.. and started laughing... I was so confused and angry, yet relieved when she put the tube back and eventually let me go.

Imagine having your brand new tubes taken away because someone has never seen anything like it...

Oct 13, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #9,117 of 41,101
Quote:

hehe,, so while on my internship in the UAE (I was in Abu Dhabi), I bought the Schiit gear from a fellow head-fier in Dubai along with 2 sets of tubes. On my way home I had packed them in my luggage which I checked in (I hate doing this, im always afraid something might happen to them) while I had the tubes in the hand luggage (in the box), being the most shock sensitive and all.

So as I passed passport control and went for the security check, I had my bag x-rayed and they asked me to stand aside. It was the first (and only) time something like this had happened, ive never had any trouble at airports before, and I fly quite often. The Arab lady that was working as security made me open the bag in the most cautious way possible and asked me to open the box where the tubes were.

At this point, I realized I might be in risk of loosing the tubes, because I know how ignorant people can be and just treat them as hazardous objects and ask me to throw them away. This got me really nervous and the lady seemed to have noticed that. I could see her eyes (being the only thing I can see, as she was all covered in the habaya) moving around, as she started raising her voice and gathering other security. Eventually as I opened the box with like 5 security guards staring at me, she takes one of the tubes and starts swinging it around trying to figure out what it is. One guard that spoke English asked me to explain what it was and I tried explaining that it was about: audio, music, headphones, amplifier... etc. They seemed even more confused.

Eventually I realized that our word for tube (in Macedonian, that as a language was largely influenced by Turkish which in turn has a lot of Arabic words) is "lampa" (like lamp), so I said that and they started repeating: lampa, lampa.. and started laughing... I was so confused and angry, yet relieved when she put the tube back and eventually let me go.

Imagine having your brand new tubes taken away because someone has never seen anything like it...

I would have ****ted myself :p Must have been kind of scary

Oct 13, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #9,118 of 41,101
Quote:

That's an interesting story. I am also from Turkey and the word for tube in Turkish is tüp which could also mean propane tank :) I'm glad you used the word lamba which is less problematic than saying audio tube in Turkish :) 

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:00 AM Post #9,119 of 41,101
Quote:
New rack. It looks like a Sanus (bought it on Craigslist for $25). Nice thing is it actually supports the weight of my receiver. The cheap rack I had before was starting to sag in the middle.

Some has to be crude and say it.... So I guess I might as well.
No-one likes a Saggy Rack.

Oct 14, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #9,120 of 41,101
Quote:
Some has to be crude and say it.... So I guess I might as well.
No-one likes a Saggy Rack.

biggrin.gif
 Lol. twas a dirty job but someone had to do it. Well done that man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back