Show us your Car!
Oct 8, 2007 at 6:30 PM Post #436 of 505
I will, thank you very much.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:59 PM Post #438 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ours is a few years old, but looks new, we are getting a new door skin (Warranty), as the drivers door skin has gone a bit rusty in a certain place, a laquer (sp?) fault. Other than that, mint. We got ours for 38k, with the personalised number plate... (cant tell you what, but its suits the car
wink.gif
)
Its the twin supercharged version, 2003 ^.

Yeah, i had just washed it after 7 months of sitting there, so it wont be AS clean, but im back in 2wks, so i will snap a few in daylight, and a night shot with Xenon's on
wink.gif

After my dad not driving for 7months+ (Hes disabled, but broke ankle) He got in it to take it for an MOT, and booted it to 125 down the motorway, so i think even though his legs are weaker than they were, he can still drive fast, and well! Still going into rehab (Another week to go) Hopefully he will be able to walk a bit further, so wont need his weelchair in the boot again....

Its so fast, i have been in it at 145, and it got there so quick, on the dual carriageway, it would have gone on to the limit, 155, easily.

Unlike the Sierra Cosworth he had which took ages to max out after 150, this is effortless.

I wonder if it would get to 205 that easily when derestricted??

-= Matt =-

very doubtful, at those speeds aerodynamics play a bigger part than raw power, and the horsepower required to go the last 10-20mph past 180 rises exponentially. The Mercedes body is designed for aesthetics and luxury compared to say a corvette, so its top speed is probably not that high.

Oct 8, 2007 at 7:11 PM Post #439 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baines93 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sarcastic or not?? Erm well it is like half a million (?) Or more??

The LM version is probably a way over £1m but none of them will ever be for sale. The Sultan of Brunei has three of the six, McLaren, Ralph Lauren and a museum in Japan have one each. To put it simply, they're almost impossible to acquire even if you have several million lying around
frown.gif

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #441 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very doubtful, at those speeds aerodynamics play a bigger part than raw power, and the horsepower required to go the last 10-20mph past 180 rises exponentially. The Mercedes body is designed for aesthetics and luxury compared to say a corvette, so its top speed is probably not that high.

Ok Maybe 190, but i have heard about them doing 205mph
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LM version is probably a way over £1m but none of them will ever be for sale. The Sultan of Brunei has three of the six, McLaren, Ralph Lauren and a museum in Japan have one each. To put it simply, they're almost impossible to acquire even if you have several million lying around
frown.gif

I Guessed that! Wow,

i didnt realise that!! Well i had never thought about it that way....

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:10 AM Post #442 of 505
caddy003ez7.jpg

caddy004ys9.jpg

1990 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 4.5L V8.

This originally belonged to my great grandmother, so its sentimental. And quite pimpin for an old lady I must say. It doesn't get stellar gas mileage, but its fun to drive people in and letting loose my inner gangster. haha.

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #443 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
caddy003ez7.jpg

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2981/caddy004ys9.jpg

1990 Cadillac Coupe DeVille, 4.5L V8.

This originally belonged to my great grandmother, so its sentimental. And quite pimpin for an old lady I must say. It doesn't get stellar gas mileage, but its fun to drive people in and letting loose my inner gangster. haha.

yo u need to get sum 100-spoke gold 22s on dat whip pronto dawg

Oct 9, 2007 at 4:43 AM Post #444 of 505
having a fast car is useless in the US. I get to 95mph in 3rd gear and I have 6 gears, which makes driving not that easy, and I have a slow car compared to what's shown over here......most of time I just set for cruise control and watch the other idiots get caught doing 85
wink.gif

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:12 AM Post #445 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
having a fast car is useless in the US. I get to 95mph in 3rd gear and I have 6 gears, which makes driving not that easy, and I have a slow car compared to what's shown over here......most of time I just set for cruise control and watch the other idiots get caught doing 85
wink.gif

hate to break it to you but the 6th gear is for cruising on the highway and keeping the rpm low so you get better gas milage..

Oct 9, 2007 at 6:23 AM Post #446 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hate to break it to you but the 6th gear is for cruising on the highway and keeping the rpm low so you get better gas milage..

wow..you missed everything about my post
wink.gif

<wow you actually thought I didn't know what the 6th gear was for
wink.gif
>

Oct 9, 2007 at 3:36 PM Post #447 of 505
Quote:

wink.gif

Its quite usless in most countries (minus Germany) but in the UK, you just have to know:

where the cams are (if you know the area/country well, Like my dad does, due to a certain job)
and risk the mobile cops,
and keep an eye out for the fuzz's cars (and risk the unmarked!)

But if you speed everywhere everyday, you will definatley get caught tons.

Just speed when you know the area
wink.gif
your driving in!

And having a fast car is fun, 'cos even if you dont speed, you get to the limit very quickly!

Oh and its a class thing you know....!

-= Matt =-

Oct 10, 2007 at 3:28 AM Post #448 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by tlie00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This may not be anything special for those of you outside of the US:

AG-BUL8.jpg

I did not know there was a left-hand drive version of the Mini. That car is a rare sight in the U.S.

Oct 10, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #449 of 505
Quote:

wow..you missed everything about my post
wink.gif

<wow you actually thought I didn't know what the 6th gear was for
wink.gif
>

you're right I have no idea what you are trying to say. From your post it sounds like strange logic that because you can wind the car up to 95mph in 3rd gear it is too fast. Do you think cars should have 2 gears then instead of 6? My motorcycle can break most speed limits in 1st gear, does that mean it should only have 1 gear then?

The higher gears are so you can sit lower in the rpm range, not so you can run them up and achieve max speed on the highway. (for most car designs anyways)

Oct 10, 2007 at 9:31 PM Post #450 of 505
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did not know there was a left-hand drive version of the Mini. That car is a rare sight in the U.S.

There are quite a few mini's here in the Northwest. One guy who used to work for me had 4 of them (all at once) personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back