Show us your Car!
Oct 12, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #466 of 501
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1967cutlass /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anything with more than 100whp has more power than you need for U.S. speed limits.
frown.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
having a fast car is useless in the US. I get to 95mph in 3rd gear and I have 6 gears, which makes driving not that easy, and I have a slow car compared to what's shown over here......most of time I just set for cruise control and watch the other idiots get caught doing 85
wink.gif

very very true. Anything higher quality than an i-bud is more than you need for listening to music as well... I mean, expensive headphones, and amps, they're kinda useless plus they waste electricity.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #469 of 501

My supra. Currently doing a 7mgte swap since my engine started knocking .. Only has coilovers for now :)

Your Supra has a coke problem - look at all that powder on it's nose! I recommend an intervention.

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #472 of 501
Hah!  Well played.

But check this out!  

14 stack automatic car record player:

All this is making me very nostalgic.  I miss my crappy little '92 Nissan Sentra.  It had no power steering and kinda felt like go-kart when driving it, but it had these old pioneer speakers from the early 90's that sounded incredible, plus two 12 inch Lanzar subwoofers in a bandpass box.  It's still some of the best sound I have ever heard, ever.  I think just the way that little Sentra was built gave it incredible acoustics, and no rattling!  

Jul 5, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #473 of 501
Quote:
All this is making me very nostalgic.  I miss my crappy little '92 Nissan Sentra. 

I had an '87 Sentra (first car I ever got on the road). The rear window was caulked in with black roofing compound, the carbureted little engine only had 70 bhp, automatic tranny, top speed on a downhill on the highway was an indicated 84 mph.  My buddy and I put a AM/FM/cassette head unit in the dash that had come from an Isuzu (it said so right on the cassette door...lol), which I had wired into a cheapo amplifier and an old generic set of home speakers that I had strapped into the back seats.  Back then the gas was cheap enough to take aimless burn cruises for hours and hours, just listening to tunes.....those were the days.

Aug 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #474 of 501
Well since I wasn't able to find another thread like it, I figure I'll post up mine :D

1967 VW Bug, nice easy project to get myself into the classic car hobby. Pretty cheap too.
Just passed 40k original miles and needs an engine rebuild soon, not too worried about it though.

Cheers!

Aug 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #476 of 501
Quote:
Just got the new Panamera.

Not a fan however of the pretty much non existent rear window....

Aside from the rear window, how do you like it? I like the look of it, and I wouldn't mind having one once I can afford it.

Aug 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #477 of 501
Aside from the rear window, how do you like it? I like the look of it, and I wouldn't mind having one once I can afford it.

It has plenty of power but lurches a lot. I think the compromise betweeb a four door and a porsche two door sports car is dubious at best. I think it would be better to just get the porsche carrera or get another four door car that has boot room and enough space for the backseats. Heck I prefer the ranger rover sport to drive around. I am a porsche fanboy but the panamera just doesnt quite do it for me.

Aug 7, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #478 of 501
It has plenty of power but lurches a lot. I think the compromise betweeb a four door and a porsche two door sports car is dubious at best. I think it would be better to just get the porsche carrera or get another four door car that has boot room and enough space for the backseats. Heck I prefer the ranger rover sport to drive around. I am a porsche fanboy but the panamera just doesnt quite do it for me.

I guess it can do a lot of stuff OK, just nothing extraordinarily well. I would like a 911 turbo from the early-mid 90's if I had to choose.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM Post #480 of 501
My latest toy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back