Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #1,147 of 3,594
I've been using my Sennheiser Momentums for gaming on the PC, and they are better than my Turtlebeach PX21. Ya it was $150 a year ago, but you would think that a headset made for gaming would be pretty good for gaming. But the Momentums just blow it away with surround sound, clarity, everything! Sometimes when playing Battlefield 3 Multiplayer there are so many sounds that the PX21 cuts out because its too much for it to handle. Not with the Momentums!

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #1,148 of 3,594
Quote:

You never know unless you try.  Sennheiser has a decent reputation for customer service around here though.  I would give it a shot before you post negative opinions about their products online.  If your experience mirrors your expectations, by all means, let the world know.  I suspect it will not.  It may indeed be a 20 minute phone call, but they will probably just ship you a new cable.  

Also, on a side note.  Why didn't you just bring them back to the store you purchased them at?  Was it online?  I always hate dealing with shipping on returns with web sites.

I bought them from Brian over at Razor Dog.

As expected, a call to Sennheiser was zero help. It's an $85 cable and they don't carry the US or Germany in their parts store. And I even got a small attitude from one of the service reps.  So I'm pretty much screwed.

so much for changing my opinion on customer service from any company.

Dec 31, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #1,153 of 3,594
Hello Head-fi community!

I'm new to the audiophile community so bare with my lack of knowledge in this field! I'm wondering if the two headphones have a similar sound and quality of the sound.

Both of the headphones are similarily priced however, the hd 600 are open air cans compared to the closed cans of the momentums. I want to make the splurge and purchase a pair of momentums but I am not sure if I will be happy with the sound. I really love the hd 600's sounds and even if it is unamped. I'm pretty much looking for a mobile pair of headphones that I can bring around and go off into my own world when I'm on the subway or if I'm studying in a noisy room. Open air cans don't really have the luxury of that as well as the portability of hd 600 doesn't exist. Are the momentums worth it and the right pair of headphones for me?

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back