Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Aug 24, 2016 at 6:47 AM Post #3,586 of 3,594
I find the M2.0 too large to wear in public, and the two models sound pretty different. I had no issues with the M1.0, they are perfect for my ears. They are two different models and two different sounds.

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #3,587 of 3,594
  I find the M2.0 too large to wear in public, and the two models sound pretty different. I had no issues with the M1.0, they are perfect for my ears. They are two different models and two different sounds.

The M2's are not that big.... at least for me....

Hum.... been comparing both.... maybe due to the narrower soundstage... or maybe due to the ios cable on the 1.0, but the momentum 1.0 seems to sound a tiny bit thicker and more exciting.... if i had to choose one and compare to the hd25 (wich i love) that would be the 1.0.... both the 1.0 and the hd25 seems to deliver eletric guitars with more texture and more power.

Nov 14, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #3,588 of 3,594
I currently own the original Momentum over ear and enjoy the sound, mostly use my iem nowadays but yesterday spent a bit of time with the momentum and they were very very painful to wear for an extended amount of time. Is What are my options if I want to keep a similar signature but with bigger cups ( around 60mm )

Nov 14, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #3,589 of 3,594
I currently own the original Momentum over ear and enjoy the sound, mostly use my iem nowadays but yesterday spent a bit of time with the momentum and they were very very painful to wear for an extended amount of time. Is What are my options if I want to keep a similar signature but with bigger cups ( around 60mm )

Momentum 2.0

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,591 of 3,594
Well, finally got my hands on a pair of Momentum (originals, over-ear). Materials are superb - the leather, build quality is all really, really nice.

... unfortunately I can't say I'm all that impressed with the sound quality. I'd put it well behind my other mid-range closed can that I currently own, the ATH-M50. It has better bass response than the HD-201s I keep for random headphone needs, but I wouldn't call the midrange or treble substantially better. In fact, from memory, while the Momentums would best the HD280Pro, and HD202, I think they're closer to those cans than the M50s.

I'd put it well behind the M50x, and I'm not some crazy basshead - it just sounds unnaturally reflective to me. Oldschool SR-60s will remain my walkabout cans though.

May 21, 2022 at 7:08 PM Post #3,594 of 3,594
Has anyone tried removing this tape from the back enclosure of the driver? Assuming the design is similar to the 4x9 series, removing that tape and letting the 2 vents breathe should increase bass, improve transient response and make the highs smoother in texture.

20E955F4-FF49-4BB6-A617-C263A0063246.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back