Sennheiser MOMENTUM Review
Sep 16, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #46 of 3,594
Quote:
I'd never base a purchasing decision off of a singular opinion, but --

strike one.

Strike two.

Strike three.

If the forthcoming user reviews impute similar attributes to the Momentum then it's not for me.  However, there's a huge market for a headphone with a layman-leaning (this is not stated derogatorily, mind you) sound signature housed by a ritzy aesthetic, so kudos to Sennheiser for bringing something to market that the Beats-using masses could unrepentantly graduate to. (again, no derision intended)

Thanks for the review, Jude!

Oh the "big deep solid bass with crisp treble" sound signature? Lol, I see what you mean.

Sep 16, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #48 of 3,594
Quote:
Oh the "big deep solid bass with crisp treble" sound signature? Lol, I see what you mean.

A focus on aesthetics and low-end that -- inferring from Jude's musings -- better represents the entire tonal spectrum and ups the ante considerably on applied materials within the same price bracket... it looks the part and, assumably, sounds it as well.  The Momentum is taking shape as a 'phone that's poised to redirect many seeking "MOAR" toward receiving "better" in its stead.  If all this holds true, then Sennheiser did a wonderful job!

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #51 of 3,594
Thanks for the wonderful review and comparisons!

Finally something to replace the DT 1350 I gave away (no bass on those, none whatsoever, regardless of positioning/bending). Finally a portable German headphone that may produce *some* bass for us that don't have a huge sized head :)

Sep 16, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #52 of 3,594
I hope the wide spectrum bass doesn't mean lower midrange bleed and when Jude said he prefers tighter, I hope it does not mean they are muddy.  I wonder if these are basshead cans and if the bass has a nice punch like PSB M4U2 or is audible but lacks punch like the Denon D600?  I am looking forward to other reviews early in the week from those who took the plunge from Razordogdeals.

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #53 of 3,594
Quote:

LOL. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #55 of 3,594
Quote:
I hope the wide spectrum bass doesn't mean lower midrange bleed and when Jude said he prefers tighter, I hope it does not mean they are muddy.  I wonder if these are basshead cans and if the bass has a nice punch like PSB M4U2 or is audible but lacks punch like the Denon D600?  I am looking forward to other reviews early in the week from those who took the plunge from Razordogdeals.

I'll have a pair tomorrow after work. I'll post my initial impressions after a few hours of listening. I'll be playing music through them all day while I'm at work so when I come home hopefully they sound better. I'll be able to compare them to the DT880 Premium/250s I have on right now which have about 16 hours of use so far, and boy have they opened up since I got them! Hoping for more bass than the 880s as long as it's not muddy... I'll have to break the Senns in for a week before they sound optimal, I'm sure. Can't wait!!!

Edit: Just realize I started almost every sentence with "I'll". lol

Sep 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #56 of 3,594
Quote:
I'll have a pair tomorrow after work. I'll post my initial impressions after a few hours of listening. I'll be playing music through them all day while I'm at work so when I come home hopefully they sound better. I'll be able to compare them to the DT880 Premium/250s I have on right now which have about 16 hours of use so far, and boy have they opened up since I got them! Hoping for more bass than the 880s as long as it's not muddy... I'll have to break the Senns in for a week before they sound optimal, I'm sure. Can't wait!!!

Edit: Just realize I started almost every sentence with "I'll". lol

Try "aisle"?

Sep 16, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #58 of 3,594
Wow! Thanks for the great review Jude! I wish I'd have waited a bit longer to buy my Fidelio L1. They look amazing! And me being an old HD-580 fan, I'm sure these are right up my alley with the extra bit of bass. Ah well, I do enjoy the L1s just the same.

Sep 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #59 of 3,594
Just got back after a long flight from Europe. Thanks for the review, Jude! 

Currawong - We'll have some units at the upcoming Tokyo headphone festival in October 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

At this rate, you'll end up with all the new mid-range headphones available. I'm going to see if I can actually get to try a pair in October.

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back