Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Jan 5, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #196 of 581
To summarize, the Momentum On ear & Over ear don't seem to target the same audience in my opinion and the on-ear is not a "cheaper version" of the original Momentum. The sound signatures are vastly apart; On-ear has a bassy (to put it mildly!) presentation, bass is slightly loose as well, pace is good. The original momentum is much more refined, good bass (refined and tight), warm with good treble and a relaxed presentation. Frankly, if one prefers a fast and punchy style of presentation, the Amperior is a much better headphone than the OE Momentum! I still don't see why Sennheiser went with the OE momentum when they could have just redesigned the  Amperior.

Probably because there were a lot of positive reviews associated w/ the Momentum brand name, and it's new & exciting hahaha. Amperior is old & boring. People nowadays want the new thing! =P

Jan 5, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #197 of 581
  Frankly, if one prefers a fast and punchy style of presentation, the Amperior is a much better headphone than the OE Momentum! I still don't see why Sennheiser went with the OE momentum when they could have just redesigned the  Amperior.

Probably because there were a lot of positive reviews associated w/ the Momentum brand name, and it's new & exciting hahaha. Amperior is old & boring. People nowadays want the new thing! =P

Or because the Amperior also has a different sound signature AND it is horribly uncomfortable! I tried both and I LOVE the Momentum On Ear. Maybe there are a lot of positive reviews and maybe it's so popular because others feel the same.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #198 of 581
Using Youtube as reference material is indeed pretty lolworthy, but I don't think you guys are quite understanding Strif3, he's comparing different headphones using the same YT material and the MOE compares poorly. He says the MOE has bloated bass and no mids, I definitely agree with him WRT to bass.

I'd LOVE to own these cans, the styling is absolutely killer and very few headphones can compare, at the MOE's pricepoint (there's the M-80, but the aggressive styling may not be to everyone's taste), but everytime I put them on...oh man

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #200 of 581
How would the MOE compare to the new CALs? Any comparisons???

I've heard CAL for just a short period of time and I think it has fuller bass and midrange than the MOE. The MOE has very good bass but I didn't find the quantity satisfying enough but that's maybe just me. MOE has a recessed midrange too relative to its bass and treble. Treble is sparklier and better with MOE than CALs. The Momentum on-ear is still very good though and is clearly the superior one but it's hard to beat CAL in terms of value based on its price.

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #202 of 581
am really bored of the headphones i have. cal, xfi, hd598, qc15, m50, senn cx300, hd 448, beats studio,  p3. 

one or 2 of philips and sonys...cant even remember the models...

looking for a new headfone thts totally not like any of these.... any suggestions?

i do love these headphones that i own but its just that i feel i need something new in the sound aspect. i cant describe(i wld say i dont know)

what exactly is that am looking for.  evrytime i buy a headfone i think- this is it, no more. but it never is the case. lol

i listen to every type of music. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #209 of 581
Hello people.

I'm currently using Sennheiser PX100II's with Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I generally like the sound signature I'm hearing but I'd just like a bit more quality. Would the Momentum provide this? Also, I listen to music a lot in bed where I tend to also be reading but I wear glasses for that. Do they perhaps clamp the ear too tightly for use with glasses? And finally, I see they have a remote control built-in; does it only work with Apple equipment or will it control an Android device just as well?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I look forward to reading your opinions and/or advice.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #210 of 581
Hello people.

I'm currently using Sennheiser PX100II's with Samsung Galaxy Note 3. I generally like the sound signature I'm hearing but I'd just like a bit more quality. Would the Momentum provide this? Also, I listen to music a lot in bed where I tend to also be reading but I wear glasses for that. Do they perhaps clamp the ear too tightly for use with glasses? And finally, I see they have a remote control built-in; does it only work with Apple equipment or will it control an Android device just as well?

I'm sorry for all the questions. I look forward to reading your opinions and/or advice.

In terms of SQ, no. It is the polar opposite of what the px100ii offers. In all the other area, yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back