Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Dec 2, 2013 at 6:20 PM Post #181 of 581
Heloo i just bought the momentum on ear a few days a go and all i can say they are not what i expected, coming from a cheap paire of headphones like koss ur\10 i thought these will get me such a plesant sound experience but it doesent:| i mean i like the bass, its a liitle to much some times but the bigest drawback is the mids and the trebels that are soo sibling and rolled offf in some songs they anoy me very very much and what i mean is the "S" in all vocals that is so high pitch.

im new to high quality headphones but i have sensitive ears and i can imediately spot if something is not right.

if you guyz can pinpoint me to some other headphone in the senhiser moentums on ear buget i will be greatfull as i can return these and buy others while ia have the 10 day period.

the headphone that i took into cosideration before buyng these where the ATH ES-7(not 700),ATH WS 77.these where in my liking after conuslting reviews but the build was not on par with the MOE i took these into consideration to.in fact i listened to ATH ES-7 and compared with the MOE these headphones sound more spatious less siblings and a very interesting basee line it felt so happy and weel integrated in the sound spectrum but the build is not so good for a 200 euros headphone(the price in my country) they looked cheap but sounded better.

HElp pls THANK you!

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #182 of 581
Hm...i think you don't like a treble to be neutral , then don't choose the sony's , try w4 , although not in your price and it is a iem, the treble is more drawback and smooth if you don't like the crispy one

Dec 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #183 of 581
  Heloo i just bought the momentum on ear a few days a go and all i can say they are not what i expected, coming from a cheap paire of headphones like koss ur\10 i thought these will get me such a plesant sound experience but it doesent:| i mean i like the bass, its a liitle to much some times but the bigest drawback is the mids and the trebels that are soo sibling and rolled offf in some songs they anoy me very very much and what i mean is the "S" in all vocals that is so high pitch.

im new to high quality headphones but i have sensitive ears and i can imediately spot if something is not right.

if you guyz can pinpoint me to some other headphone in the senhiser moentums on ear buget i will be greatfull as i can return these and buy others while ia have the 10 day period.

the headphone that i took into cosideration before buyng these where the ATH ES-7(not 700),ATH WS 77.these where in my liking after conuslting reviews but the build was not on par with the MOE i took these into consideration to.in fact i listened to ATH ES-7 and compared with the MOE these headphones sound more spatious less siblings and a very interesting basee line it felt so happy and weel integrated in the sound spectrum but the build is not so good for a 200 euros headphone(the price in my country) they looked cheap but sounded better.

HElp pls THANK you!

what bit rate  are you listening 2.sssss in vocals sounds like 128kbs

Dec 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #186 of 581
i shiped the headphones back to store didnt like them sound was bad didnt expect it (i convert my mp3 to 320 kb vbr from youtube but i dont think they are 320:))))  ).

Ok, I would propose to do all the tests again with a proper source file. YouTube has lossy compression and mostly quite bad one, the uploaded files are usually already compressed, YouTube compresses them again. If you then convert them again to mp3 you have a file that was 3 times compressed/converted from one lossy format to the next. The result is garbage. The more "revealing" the headphones are the crappier the sound. This is not the fault of the headphones, it's your source.

Dec 7, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #187 of 581
Guyz i am aware of that but please those headphones ARE NO WIORTH THE MONEY I TESTED OTHER HEADPHONES IN THE PRICERANGE WITH THE SAME SOURCEFILES AND SOUNDED 2X BETTER THAN THE MOE.

Dec 8, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #189 of 581
@Strif3 Give the, now outgoing Sennheiser Amperior a listen! You may find it at a competitive price as well since it is being replaced by the Aluminium edtion. I like the Amperior a lot more than the MOE. Btw, you may want to try listening to them say, on Spotify or some other streaming service - would be a slightly better standard than youtube files!

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:05 AM Post #190 of 581
Thank you bala but i returned the headphones i dont have them anymore but the headphone were not for me it was to much bloated bass and no mids,and not all my mp3 are so bad sounding,i have good mp3 that are realy very good.

The amperiors are to expensive in my country and i dont have where to listen to them so i cant take a position,my only source is reviews and user opinions!

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #193 of 581
Guyz i am aware of that but please those headphones ARE NO WIORTH THE MONEY I TESTED OTHER HEADPHONES IN THE PRICERANGE WITH THE SAME SOURCEFILES AND SOUNDED 2X BETTER THAN THE MOE.

No offense, but the reason they sounded terrible is because your sourcefiles are TERRIBLE!!! Youtube music is usually low bitrate already & recompressing it to 320kbps further degrades the bitrate, so you are actually probably have like 96kbps or less quality in actuality.

The reason other headphones sounded better is because they are less detailed & worse at accurately reproducing sound... aka they already sound bad, so you don't notice how terrible your source is. The Momentum is faithfully and accurately reproducing the source, so you pick up on the fact that your source is horrible.

For good headphones, the sound is heavily dependant on the source files. aka crap in crap out.

Your mp3 are not good, they are terrible bro!!!! come back when you get a decent source (or else none of your headphone impressions will be accurate at all)

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #194 of 581
  No offense, but the reason they sounded terrible is because your sourcefiles are TERRIBLE!!! Youtube music is usually low bitrate already & recompressing it to 320kbps further degrades the bitrate, so you are actually probably have like 96kbps or less quality in actuality.

The reason other headphones sounded better is because they are less detailed & worse at accurately reproducing sound... aka they already sound bad, so you don't notice how terrible your source is. The Momentum is faithfully and accurately reproducing the source, so you pick up on the fact that your source is horrible.

For good headphones, the sound is heavily dependant on the source files. aka crap in crap out.

Your mp3 are not good, they are terrible bro!!!! come back when you get a decent source (or else none of your headphone impressions will be accurate at all

I agree with this 100%

Converting lossy to other lossy formats is very bad to to. Each time you transcode a file its kills the quality. Considering the amount of times the file was probably transocded between the uploader and then youtubes processing followed by the download you most likely have some nasty files.

You can read more about this here: http://www.whatinterviewprep.com/prepare-for-the-interview/transcodes/  what.cd is good for learning about source quality and types of files. Explore that website. 

Jan 5, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #195 of 581
  Any comparisons between the On ear and Over ear momentum?  I've been thinking of picking up the On Ear for review but i don't want to waste my time.

To summarize, the Momentum On ear & Over ear don't seem to target the same audience in my opinion and the on-ear is not a "cheaper version" of the original Momentum. The sound signatures are vastly apart; On-ear has a bassy (to put it mildly!) presentation, bass is slightly loose as well, pace is good. The original momentum is much more refined, good bass (refined and tight), warm with good treble and a relaxed presentation. Frankly, if one prefers a fast and punchy style of presentation, the Amperior is a much better headphone than the OE Momentum! I still don't see why Sennheiser went with the OE momentum when they could have just redesigned the  Amperior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back