Sennheiser Momentum On-Ear Impressions
Oct 4, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #136 of 581
it's not like you are going to listen classical music and then somehow dance track is gonna blast from nowhere.
listening to classical music is basically gonna be close to like listening to orchestra live. not better.

Oct 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #140 of 581
my friend said these sound like crap.. not worth of the money.. he said hd 419 sounds better..

i'm using samsung galaxy s2 and ipod shuffle

sounds nice for me.. i'm loving the lows...

can anyone tell the difference between these cans..??

Oct 6, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #141 of 581
I think they need a small amount of amping but not too much. Desktop amps made them too tinny and nasal sounding. The International from ALO Audio was a good match as also the little known Miniwatt N4 usb powered DAC/Amp. Straight out of mobile phones leave them sounding thin and lacking in any bite for me personally.

Oct 6, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #142 of 581
I don't know why , but mines is just alright, even using sony player(bass boosted) it didn't have the problem of overpower bass on those pair, i do agree some of the comment , agressive, treble rolled off compare to momentum , a bit v shape, but iy is relatively balance compare to many other hp i have, hd25 do have good bass with, amp .on ear actually have less bass compare to amped hd25, but on ear seems a bit faster response

Oct 6, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #144 of 581
my source is bad..  on ears are not shining with my source...

samsung galaxy s2 has bad reputation of its bad audio quality due to its yamaha chip...

i wnt to buy a pmp..

please suggest one...

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #145 of 581
Saving up ...... 
atsmile.gif

Oct 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM Post #146 of 581
my source is bad..  on ears are not shining with my source...

samsung galaxy s2 has bad reputation of its bad audio quality due to its yamaha chip...

i wnt to buy a pmp..

please suggest one...

IBasso DX50... Most of the early FW bugs now sorted. Has a decent amp and DAC. Pairs nicely with on-ears. Close to A&K AK100 sound, third of the price.

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:16 AM Post #147 of 581
Personally, i really like the MOE's. The circumaural Momentum's suffer from really poor seal and loss of bass response because of the sliding mechanism. I found i had to slide them slightly further down so that the top inside edge of the cups were just touching the tops of my ears. That way, i could recover some of the bass and get a better seal around the lower half of my ear but were extremely painful after about 45 minutes (and i don't even have a big noggin).

Also, I couldn't angle the Momentums in the x-axis plane like i could with the MOE. I can't remember too well as i sold them on pretty soon after buying, but i think the full sized ones were rigid in the x-axis, whereas the MOE can be angled so that there is even pressure on my ears back and front. I am sure someone can correct me if i am wrong on this, but i don't remember there being horizontal adjustment on the ear cups of the original Momentum's to enable them to tilt.

Compared to my Amperiors, the MOE's fared pretty well. The signature is similar which is why i like them. The Amperior has a bit more sparkle to them and better bass resolution. The MOE's are far more laid back but not so laid back that it becomes muddy, like i found with the B&W P5's. I also found the soundstage surprisingly good for the MOE's although maybe not as good as its full sized sibling... but better than the Amperior.

I was really looking for a commuting set and thought the v-moda m-80's would do the job. However, unlike a lot of reviews that i read, i found that the M-80's leaked like buggery. It was very noticeable on the London tube and when the wind was blowing you could hear draft coming through the V-Ports (it gets pretty windy in the UK!). Maybe it was just my pair which was defective... Maybe some others on here can shed some light on whether they experienced the same thing. The M-80's also sounded positively anaemic compared to the MOE's. M-80's have lovely mid resolution but it is the kind of signature which can only be appreciated in silence and sitting still for the detail and SQ to shine through. I guess my lifestyle is more on the go and a bit of a basshead, i suppose! Guilty as charged.

Anyway, i found the MOE's to be great for out and about. Enough isolation and bass/sparkle to allow me to enjoy my music but not isolate me so much that i wouldn't be able to hear what is going on around me. They also look great (up there with the M-80 and P5's), the sliders are firm and won't lose position and are light/small enough around the neck so as to not hinder movement.

Oct 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #149 of 581
The X3 is a very competent player. I have not had the pleasure of trying a DX50, but the X3 measures extremely well and, with my Sennheiser Momentum ON-ear and HD518, it sounds very good. It simply brings a smile to my face every time I listen to Yes or Sade. Or Pink Floyd, or Stevie Ray.
I will not, however, start to personify its sound. Try it for yourself with your headphones and a microSD with your music. If it sounds good the first time you hear it, buy it. It will continue to be just as good and even better, once you get really used to it.

Oct 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #150 of 581
Hello, everyone. I looking for some on-ear headphones and was wondering how this headphones compared to others. I really like Sennheiser, so these seemed appealing.

Current Player: Sony Walkman Z- series 

Music Type: Vocal, Pop, Rock, Soundtrack (instrumental)

Headphones I really like:
Sennheiser HD598
Sennheiser IE6
Sennheiser CX6
Koss Porta Pro

Headphones I didn't like (headphones I just tested. I realize they may be great, but they just don't appeal to me):
Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10
Etymotic MC5

Middle of the Road
Sennheiser CX300
Sennheiser 429
Klipsch S4
Sony MDR-V6

Thank you for any help, it is greatly appreciated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back