Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #4,906 of 7,699

Easy answer: Buy only from a listed by Sennheiser Authorized Dealer.

I actually bought mine from BestBuy for full list just to positive they were the real deal even though they were available on eBay for 1/4 to 1/2 the price I paid.

You still got a very good deal in the end though :wink:.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #4,907 of 7,699
  Huh?
confused_face_2.gif

I just like my mids to be accentuated, or forward, without the lows distorting them, na, solved with se535 ltd with oayide cables, HA!

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #4,908 of 7,699
  duckndive,

I thought Amazon was an official Sennheiser Dealer? I would quickly contact Sennheiser UK or Europe and inquire with them as to the 'reality' of your 80's. You don't want to wait if you are going to dispute w/Amazon.

yep I agree with  burtomr....contact sennheiser now.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #4,909 of 7,699
  Just received my IE80 today.  I also need some help on tips.

I've been through most of the included ones and most fit poorly and make the bass sound very thin.  The only ones that fit well and provide the sound I expect are the deafult medium tips as fitted when supplied, just like shashu above.

My question is a little different however: I will not be using the guides and wearing them over ear, I will be wearing them in the traditional style.  This means I'll need to reverse them, i.e. left piece in right ear and vice versa.  To save the trouble of orientating them in a confusing manner everytime I wear them, I thought I could perhaps source some coloured tips and have red for right and black/blue for left or whatever.

Which are the closest tips to Sennheiser's medium silcone tips but are available in various colours and can be sourced within the UK?

Bonus question: how common is it for people to wear them in the traditional manner, it seems a shame for the left/right channels then not to tally with you left/right ears?  Or am I doing something silly!?!

I wore them the traditional way, but without reversing the right and left. I do it by wearing the iem with the metal panel facing the antitragus. This way the pointy side is actually facing the opposite direction of your ear cannel. It actually works for me but the downside is that others won't be recognize them as ie80...XD...hope it works for you.

Sep 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #4,910 of 7,699

I just like my mids to be accentuated, or forward, without the lows distorting them, na, solved with se535 ltd with oayide cables, HA!

I don't know; I even used the BMK11 cable's still se535 's mid range sounded muddy.. 535 has a great forwardness to its mids and its creamy , yet it lacks the resolution... sometimes mids dominates the entire high  frequency range..( ex- listening to death metal, Grime dubstep) so it was a pretty hectic IEM to deal with. although I  still have have em :3

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #4,911 of 7,699
Ok I own a pair of IE8, I'm about to upgrade to IE80 any thoughts guys? Is there little or virtually no difference in sound detail between these two? I definitely do not wanna lose that thumping bass which I read is somewhat tamed? Cheers.

Sep 17, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #4,912 of 7,699
Ok I own a pair of IE8, I'm about to upgrade to IE80 any thoughts guys? Is there little or virtually no difference in sound detail between these two? I definitely do not wanna lose that thumping bass which I read is somewhat tamed? Cheers.

From what I read there's a difference in sound detail between the two. IE80 wins. Know nothing about that thumping bass thing.

Sep 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #4,915 of 7,699
  Which are the best tips for the IE80's? The ones that give you more detail? I mean bass and trebles.

Try those white monster hybrid super tips.. ( amazing clarity ) or you can start with the cheaper "Auvio" tips ( I guess I spelled the work correct ) :p

Sep 18, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #4,917 of 7,699

Really? Man, I will try them out, but tell me, from where do I get them? The monster hybrid super tips.

Usually you have to buy e whole set of monster hybrid tips ... from there site ( Monster Audio ) but if u can email them and say that you only need the monster white hybrid tips they will send you a bunch of them ( in my case they gave to me free of charge ) but they sure worth what ever you pay for them..  :) usually the retail package only offer a one pair of those amazing tips ( others are utterly useless) so mail them and will see what will happen :) gud luck mate

here's a link :) remember to get from there official site cuz they are really good to customers. so most likely u will get a nice offer from them ( or free)

http://www.monsterproducts.com/headphones/headphoneslist.asp?custom=5

Sep 18, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #4,919 of 7,699

Users who are viewing this thread

Back