Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Feb 27, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #17,613 of 149,761
  Jason, it looks like Schiit is sourcing these from a Chinese supplier. Is this correct? If it is, why did it take so long to release it? I remember you mentioning it at least a month ago. Just curious. 

Yep, it's Chinese. Sure, we could make it here with a custom transformer, PCB, wiring, and a more attractive steel/aluminum case...and add $100 on to the retail price. So China won in this case. Same guys that make all of our other wall-warts.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Feb 27, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #17,614 of 149,761
For someone who has a bunch of old vinyl, it can sound really good. 

That's why I got a turntable.  Had all these LPs just looking at me with sad little eyes.  So I bought a used 'table from the local vinyl emporium.

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #17,615 of 149,761
  Cthulu is in the building: http://schiit.com/products/floor-wart

Pretty confusing without FAQ.
So... does it provide any sonic advantages over the regular wall-warts?
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #17,617 of 149,761
The advantage is in the microdetail and instruments separation. And the female voice is better LOL
Or just is better to have one transformer compared to two or three

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #17,618 of 149,761
I just Realized when Looking at My Power Plug for the Vali 2, Cthulhu AKA the Floorwart does not work for the Vali 2. Its got the Dual Power DIN Style Plug and I had completely for got about this. A Note for those Considering the Cthulhu. The Vali 2 is the Black Sheep of the Bunch.

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #17,619 of 149,761
  I just Realized when Looking at My Power Plug for the Vali 2, Cthulhu AKA the Floorwart does not work for the Vali 2. Its got the Dual Power DIN Style Plug and I had completely for got about this. A Note for those Considering the Cthulhu. The Vali 2 is the Black Sheep of the Bunch.

Thanks for pointing that out. Schiit should add text to the product page that it does not work with Vali 2. 

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #17,620 of 149,761
  Thanks for pointing that out. Schiit should add text to the product page that it does not work with Vali 2. 

It Does  Say "So, if you have a stack with a Magni 2 Uber, a Modi Uber, and a Wyrd,". A List of all compatible would be nice but honestly I am not sure I would have caught it. This is my mistake, I Just forgot about the Vali 2's power being different I Just wanted to keep others from making my mistake. I have another Stack WIth a Modi 2 Uber ( soon to be Mimby), Wyrd and a Magni 2 Uber I can use it with at work so no worries.

Feb 28, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #17,624 of 149,761

I thought the advantage is to be able to dress up as Cthulu once you tape enough of these to your head LOL

Someone has to do this and post pictures. I hope there is a CanJam on a Halloween one year and someone dresses up as Schiit Cthulhu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back