Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Apr 30, 2024 at 12:23 AM Post #149,761 of 152,159
This Monday can't be all that bad! I just received my OSD order and all three bottles appear to be undamaged with no soggy cardboard! Starting to feel a little rough...maybe I need to go home and take some medicine...
Happy Monday indeed!!!

Apr 30, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #149,762 of 152,159
Gee, @Jason Stoddard, you really need to release a new DAC or headphone amp or something, @Currawong is so bored that he started posting videos about converting electric razor chargers for car use… 🤣

Can simply use the car 12V cigarette plug power, but may be Currawong prefer to have the USB output at the car as well.

Apr 30, 2024 at 2:58 AM Post #149,763 of 152,159
Apr 30, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #149,764 of 152,159
Preface: was digging through some boxes of CDs looking for a title mentioned recently on this thread Sheherazade (which wasn’t located in my collection of course)

and spotted the Chris Rea “Road to Hell” disc…

(if you squint reeeeeaaaaallllll hard, the guy in the video looks a bit like Jason, Ok maybe the hair...)

Aside: Jason, Hope the transition to the Texas medium / large products facilities goes smoothly. Looking forward to new product intros later this year, hopefully including some digital signal processing devices.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #149,765 of 152,159
I am running those Landsdales in my PrimaLuna now. I also really like the Amperex and Mazdas. I have a feeling @bcowen will concur, or not.🤪🤪
That Amperex was really nice....looked up prices and its a hard to find and one of the more costly tubes....
Waiting on my son to arrive later today after surgery yesterday....a looong day at Duke Hospital in Durham NC.
Will spend this am finishing the shower tile stuff and ready for grouting!! Yeah then a new floor...Glass and done!!

Have a great day Schiitites!!
Alex

Apr 30, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #149,766 of 152,159
.... the schiit keeps flying! That is, soaring in sound. Vali 3 continues to positively shatter preconception. This time, IMG_7961.jpegwith Focal Clear OG + Norne Audio Vykari - a headphone / cable duet whose price is more than 12x that of Vali 3. In terms of complete, plausible sound - really nothing missing except the very grandest of 'scale'.
Love it when folks are really honest and just tell it like it is!
Imagine a $149 amp that gives you so much enjoyment as the mega buck stuff does!
:>)
Alex

Apr 30, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #149,767 of 152,159
Preface: was digging through some boxes of CDs looking for a title mentioned recently on this thread Sheherazade (which wasn’t located in my collection of course)

and spotted the Chris Rea “Road to Hell” disc…

(if you squint reeeeeaaaaallllll hard, the guy in the video looks a bit like Jason, Ok maybe the hair...)

Aside: Jason, Hope the transition to the Texas medium / large products facilities goes smoothly. Looking forward to new product intros later this year, hopefully including some digital signal processing devices.

Love Chris Rea...have most of his stuff....and he has a ton of it.
Alex

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:10 AM Post #149,768 of 152,159
That Amperex was really nice....looked up prices and its a hard to find and one of the more costly tubes....
Waiting on my son to arrive later today after surgery yesterday....a looong day at Duke Hospital in Durham NC.
Will spend this am finishing the shower tile stuff and ready for grouting!! Yeah then a new floor...Glass and done!!

Alex
Swift healing vibes for your son! :pray:

Apr 30, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #149,769 of 152,159
Loved that Chris Rea! Video was interesting - loved the Whataburger the girl was given… classic… should have been a Doctor Pepper instead of a coke though… grin

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:04 AM Post #149,773 of 152,159

Alex
I may well have received the Amperex from a friend on here. I am so glad the surgery went well. I am about to open another box of record albums to see if which gems I received. Early on Finnegan tried to make friends with this striped “cat” and luckily got away with just a warning. 🙀 IMG_7842.jpegIMG_7841.jpeg

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:29 AM Post #149,774 of 152,159
I may well have received the Amperex from a friend on here. I am so glad the surgery went well. I am about to open another box of record albums to see if which gems I received. Early on Finnegan tried to make friends with this striped “cat” and luckily got away with just a warning. 🙀IMG_7842.jpegIMG_7841.jpeg
the roles are reversed but similar outcomes.
That's two bad jokes this morning , I'd better get back to work.

15.JPG

Apr 30, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #149,775 of 152,159
IMG_5451.jpeg

Let’s face it: massively oversized, double-walled, Schiit-sourced cardboard boxes are the most comfortable of cardboard boxes.

Could also just be him boycotting my packing efforts for the upcoming move. Who’s to say, really.
He's obviously of fine pedigree and a privileged upbringing. Plain ol' cats would be happy with single wall. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back