Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware
Apr 11, 2014 at 3:06 AM Post #616 of 2,020
I am about to give RB another go i believe i did not give it enough time to make a true
comparison , how would i make it completely neutral what settings will make it so.

is it best to leave the eq off, does this affect the neutrality of RB .

WHAT IS A NEUTRAL SETTING ? 
gs1000.gif

Apr 11, 2014 at 4:50 AM Post #619 of 2,020
Conversely, to see what else Rockbox brings to the table, try turning on Crossfeed to the "Meier (Simple)" setting. With some headphones it is magic.

(Not absolutely neutral but that is not always the goal as I suggested above.)

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:21 AM Post #620 of 2,020
I agree. It works wonders on sansa players too. Along with crossfeed I also use stereo width, anywhere between 110% and 125%. Don't forget to put channel configuration to custom in order for stereo width to take affect.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #621 of 2,020
just tried the crossfeed meier (simple) setting 
MAN what the hell is that , it blew me away 
the whole sound has changed for the better the music 
is fuller and man that is sweet .
works wonders for my shure se 535s 
truly amazing what does that setting do exactly ? 

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #622 of 2,020
just tried the crossfeed meier (simple) setting 
MAN what the hell is that , it blew me away 
the whole sound has changed for the better the music 
is fuller and man that is sweet .
works wonders for my shure se 535s 
truly amazing what does that setting do exactly ? 

It simulates how the soundwave is travelling from a speaker setup to the ears of the listener standing a few feet in front of it. Basically, the sound from both the left and right speakers reaches the listener's left and right ear. However, the sound from the left speaker reaches the right ear of the listener on a sligthly delayed timing than the sound coming from the right speaker and vice versa.

When using an iem your left ear only hear sound from the left channel only and same goes for the right ear. Which is the reason why many people think the sound from an iem is unnatural.

But for me, I didn't like the effect of a crossfeed. It appears to muff the mids/highs a bit.

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #623 of 2,020
My RB had gone FUBAR and everytime I try to play a song, the screen goes white and displays 

PANIC
Stkov Audio
pc: xxxxxxx sp: xxxxxx
A: 0394308430
bt end

Tried reinstalling from the recovery menu but it didn't help.

So what should I do?

Apr 11, 2014 at 5:49 AM Post #624 of 2,020
My RB had gone FUBAR and everytime I try to play a song, the screen goes white and displays 

PANIC
Stkov Audio
bt end

So what should I do?

Boot into Mango (Stock FW). Then go to settings and do a factory reset. That should fix it.

Apr 11, 2014 at 8:53 AM Post #627 of 2,020
That was an error message from the party that ported Rockbox to the DX50. Something is corrupted in your install.

If necessary (and it probably is) do a full uninstall: 
  1. uninstall
  2. 1) use cwm to return to stock recovery (stock_recovery.zip from package you downloaded before)
  3. 2) use stock recovery to flash any update.img

Then start all over again. 

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #628 of 2,020

PANIC
Stkov Audio
bt end

So what should I do?

Also make sure that the gather runtime data under database settings is turned off.

If not the case go to manage settings on rockbox and try reset settings.

Apr 11, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #629 of 2,020
erm...may i know what is the best way to update a new album/folder once we loaded the new album to RB dx50? i choose database -> update now but seem like the whole machine will just freeze :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back