[Review] Sennheiser IE800: Impressions, Frustration and a bunch of What-Ifs
Jun 22, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #376 of 509
I am disappointed in the IE800 for all the reasons you guys mentioned and the lack of RCA800.  Does the RCS800 work with Apple devices?  It looks to have three buttons as well.  

Anyone know where to buy either RCS800 or RCA800 in the U.S.?

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #377 of 509
Jun 23, 2014 at 5:42 AM Post #379 of 509
Bad news on the RCA800 I'm afraid.

Although I saw teh pre production version some 15 months ago - it is not in production!

You can make the Amperior cable work with a Nokia adaptor, or use the RSA800 without any volume control.  Other than that, your option is to continue 'naked' as in with no controls on the cable!

I have already 'got over this' as I do use my IE800's as a high Q IEM and use either B&O IE3 for open ear phone use, or IE8i for closed ear IM use with the phone.

Yes, my pockets are often full of IEMs when travelling.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I still love the IE800 and put them very close to my JHA13 Pros (non freq).

Regards

Sceptre

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #381 of 509
As I said in the other IE800 thread, am concerned that people say that the IE800 sound great unamped, and do NOT require amplification to sound their best...

...This, to me - is a gross injustice to the IE800, they come alive with good quality amplification...

Duncan ive heard that you favour the x5 e12 combo with the senns? I already own the e12 and my ie800s arrive tomorrow, my stock player is the 1st ipod video/classic. Now seriously considering the x5, in what way does it complement the sound?

Jun 30, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #382 of 509
Duncan ive heard that you favour the x5 e12 combo with the senns? I already own the e12 and my ie800s arrive tomorrow, my stock player is the 1st ipod video/classic. Now seriously considering the x5, in what way does it complement the sound?
Hobbitey...

We'll spin that around. when you have all of your rig together, you tell me what you like / don't like and I'll try and work out if the X5 would be a better source :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #383 of 509
  Bad news on the RCA800 I'm afraid.

Although I saw teh pre production version some 15 months ago - it is not in production!

You can make the Amperior cable work with a Nokia adaptor, or use the RSA800 without any volume control.  Other than that, your option is to continue 'naked' as in with no controls on the cable!

I have already 'got over this' as I do use my IE800's as a high Q IEM and use either B&O IE3 for open ear phone use, or IE8i for closed ear IM use with the phone.

Yes, my pockets are often full of IEMs when travelling.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  I still love the IE800 and put them very close to my JHA13 Pros (non freq).

Regards

Sceptre

How does iE8i compares to IE800 or IE80?  I like the sound of IE800, but I worry about losing the ear tips or breaking them if I use on the go.

So the Nokia AD-53 adaptor will work with Amperior iOS cable?

Jul 1, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #384 of 509
Hobbitey...

We'll spin that around. when you have all of your rig together, you tell me what you like / don't like and I'll try and work out if the X5 would be a better source :)

Just got them, love the overall sound but a little bit fatuiging. I am in the minority who feel that the ie800 treble is a bit articifial and shrill, however this could be due to burn in, or the fact ive come from a mid heavy earphone in the um3x. I do love the detail though

Jul 2, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #385 of 509
Just got them, love the overall sound but a little bit fatuiging. I am in the minority who feel that the ie800 treble is a bit articifial and shrill, however this could be due to burn in, or the fact ive come from a mid heavy earphone in the um3x. I do love the detail though

Yes they should improve even more so with burn in at least I felt so with my first pair

Jul 2, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #386 of 509
Yes they should improve even more so with burn in at least I felt so with my first pair

Definitely, im loving them now! i want to spend £300 upgrading my portable rig.

Any advice on what to go for? I can either get rid of my ipod classic for an x5 to pair with the e12, or get rid of my e12 and get a quality amp

Im leaning towards the x5, which option will give me most bang for the buck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back