[Review] Sennheiser IE800: Impressions, Frustration and a bunch of What-Ifs
May 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM Post #361 of 509
Has anyone contacted ACS to see if they plan on adding the ie800 to their list of supported IEMs? I've used them for two of my Etymotic rigs, with great success. I see they've done custom tips for both the ie8 and ie80, but ie800 isn't listed....

May 3, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #362 of 509
Has anyone contacted ACS to see if they plan on adding the ie800 to their list of supported IEMs? I've used them for two of my Etymotic rigs, with great success. I see they've done custom tips for both the ie8 and ie80, but ie800 isn't listed....

Me too previously. I'll drop them an email to see.

May 6, 2014 at 4:16 PM Post #363 of 509
Just got off the phone with the guys at ACS Custom and they claim it's no problem at all to take the impressions I have on file with them and produce a new set that will work with the ie800.  Should be delivered by next Friday.  We shall see.  Now, who's making an extension cable for this stupidly short leash?

May 24, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #366 of 509
  Guys, I currently have an HTC ONE m7. Dose this phone have the output to match the ie800? also how does this compare to it's stock earbuds? 

The stock earbuds are said to be repackaged beats so they aren`t apple earbuds at least and actually aren`t half bad, but no where near anything $100+ and the ie800`s are priced in the $700+ category so that should give you a rough idea of performance, of course there is diminishing returns but you could buy pretty much any earphone over $100 and they would be a large improvement.

May 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #368 of 509
The stock earbuds are said to be repackaged beats so they aren`t apple earbuds at least and actually aren`t half bad, but no where near anything $100+ and the ie800`s are priced in the $700+ category so that should give you a rough idea of performance, of course there is diminishing returns but you could buy pretty much any earphone over $100 and they would be a large improvement.

Well said. Thanks.

May 25, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #369 of 509
Guys, I currently have an HTC ONE m7. Dose this phone have the output to match the ie800? also how does this compare to it's stock earbuds? 
If you like the stock earphones, then you won't like the IE800, they're from different worlds, like a Picasso vs a Rembrandt, totally different...

If you are prepared to adjust, you'll find the experience better, MUCH better with the IE800, however - if happy with stock, stay there.

May 25, 2014 at 4:56 PM Post #370 of 509
If you like the stock earphones, then you won't like the IE800, they're from different worlds, like a Picasso vs a Rembrandt, totally different...

If you are prepared to adjust, you'll find the experience better, MUCH better with the IE800, however - if happy with stock, stay there.

That makes sense! thanks!

May 28, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #371 of 509
  Just got off the phone with the guys at ACS Custom and they claim it's no problem at all to take the impressions I have on file with them and produce a new set that will work with the ie800.  Should be delivered by next Friday.  We shall see.  Now, who's making an extension cable for this stupidly short leash?

I have my impressions on file with ACS too. Please let me/us know how you get on. Cost of the IE800 new sleeves please?

May 30, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #372 of 509
So, I can get a barely used pair of these for $400. Is it worth that price? I'd think that is a no brainer but what do you guys think?

Of course the idea of used IEMs is kind of gross to me but I can always buy new tips (and of course would anyways for such an expensive IEM).

May 30, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #373 of 509
I would watch out for fakes now - get a paper trail.

Jun 2, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #374 of 509
TL;DR: If you want to wear these with the cables draped over your ears you should put the left earbud in your right ear and vice versa.

Long version: Just a random realization for those of us who drape the cables over our ears to reduce cable noise.  The buds are angled, and if you hang them over your ears you're actually making them point the opposite direction from the intended one.  Therefore, if you do this and you've noticed the SS changes--as I've seen some commenting here--you can reverse the L and R buds in your ears to restore the correct (or at least intended) angle.  

Jun 5, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #375 of 509
As I said in the other IE800 thread, am concerned that people say that the IE800 sound great unamped, and do NOT require amplification to sound their best...

...This, to me - is a gross injustice to the IE800, they come alive with good quality amplification...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back