Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Oct 3, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #722 of 1,215
  Great review! Thanks very much. Now I can't decide whether to buy the AP100 or the Fiio X5ii.

Well... I can't really help in terms of sound quality, I would let features be a deciding factor. Imo sound quality is very subjective, sometimes when something sounds new and different it can give the appearence of being better or worse when in fact it is neither, just different sounding.

I am sure the X5 is good sounding player also, but I think it is a lot more expensive and doesn't have that dedicated EQ button. That combined with the free high quality case made my decision very easy.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:59 PM Post #723 of 1,215

Well... I can't really help in terms of sound quality, I would let features be a deciding factor. Imo sound quality is very subjective, sometimes when something sounds new and different it can give the appearence of being better or worse when in fact it is neither, just different sounding.

I am sure the X5 is good sounding player also, but I think it is a lot more expensive and doesn't have that dedicated EQ button. That combined with the free high quality case made my decision very easy.

Not only does not have that dedicated EQ button as well as doesn't have hardware based EQ and the software EQ leaves much to be desired..

Oct 4, 2015 at 3:48 AM Post #724 of 1,215
Guys, just to mention that I had the old Fiio X5 but I could not live with the sound, the new X5ii is supposed to be a little better.

I preferred the X1 and old X3 over the old X5.

If I was looking for a DAP now it would be between the AP100 or the Cayin N5.

The combination of my AP100 and Yamaha HPH-MT220 is going to be very hard to beat.

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:46 AM Post #725 of 1,215

Well I'm sure the sound quality of the AP100 is good. I was leaning toward the AP100 because it is less expensive plus it has the EQ button and the nice case...I guess my decision is made.
bigsmile_face.gif
Also I'm not a big fan of the scroll wheel on my X3ii and the X5 scroll wheel is from what I've read exactly the same. I don't need 2 card slots either since I find 1 64gb card to be plenty large enough.

Thanks for your response!

Oct 4, 2015 at 7:50 AM Post #726 of 1,215
  Guys, just to mention that I had the old Fiio X5 but I could not live with the sound, the new X5ii is supposed to be a little better.

I preferred the X1 and old X3 over the old X5.

If I was looking for a DAP now it would be between the AP100 or the Cayin N5.

The combination of my AP100 and Yamaha HPH-MT220 is going to be very hard to beat.

I prefer the sound of my old X3 over my new X3ii so I think the AP100 might be the one I go for.

Oct 4, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #728 of 1,215

+1 and +2 for my wife. She has returned X3ii.

I wish Fiio had kept the internals of the X3 the same and just updated or improved the build of it...like an X3 with the body of an X3ii but no scroll wheel..I'd keep only the buttons for navigation. I can't really return my X3ii now but I can sell it..maybe buy an original X3 or the AP100.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #733 of 1,215
  Guys, to me the AP100 is in a totally different league to the X3.

If anyone finds a DAP better than the newer version of the AP100 please let us know???

I didn't know there was a newer version of the AP100. How do you know if you're buying the new version or the old one? Anywhere I've looked online they don't specify whether it's old or new or call it 2nd generation etc. I'm looking at the one on Amazon.com because the price is so good. I might also buy it from Shenzhenaudio becausethe price is similar.

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #734 of 1,215

I didn't know there was a newer version of the AP100. How do you know if you're buying the new version or the old one? Anywhere I've looked online they don't specify whether it's old or new or call it 2nd generation etc. I'm looking at the one on Amazon.com because the price is so good.

If you order now at a good price you should get the newer version, there have been alterations, perhaps ask Hidizs????

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #735 of 1,215
  Guys, to me the AP100 is in a totally different league to the X3.

If anyone finds a DAP better than the newer version of the AP100 please let us know???

Not a DAP but Meizu M1 Note wipes the floor with AP100 when paired with Topping NX1. Please see my signature. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back