Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Sep 14, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #707 of 1,215
I'm not sure how much support the AP100 will get from now on. It seems they are all busying working on the AP300, and to be fair they have done lots and lots since the original firmware.
If you buy an AP100 now it is better to go in with expectations that it is as is and not being overly hopeful for future firmware releases.

Sep 15, 2015 at 6:55 AM Post #708 of 1,215
  I'm not sure how much support the AP100 will get from now on. It seems they are all busying working on the AP300, and to be fair they have done lots and lots since the original firmware.
If you buy an AP100 now it is better to go in with expectations that it is as is and not being overly hopeful for future firmware releases.

Well if it's basically a finished product then that's fine with me. It seems like it will do everything I want it to.

Sep 27, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #712 of 1,215
deadhorse.gif

So : exactly the same bug in NTFS. 5800 files and the scan stop ! :-/

@hidizs did you try to update the library with more than 5800 files into one of your AP100 with microSD card formated in NTFS ?? 
confused.gif

(5.800 files limitations and 128 Go support, hum hum... 
rolleyes.gif
 )

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #716 of 1,215
I can have more than 5800 , but the scan for "tagging" stop at 5800 files. All the files after that are not in the tags folder : Artists, albums,...you only can see it in the folders library, not by tags. :-/
@raiderkilo : give a try, see if your last Artists are in the "artist" tag library. And please give a look at your scan when you are doing it : the number increase after 5800 or the count stop to thus number?? Thanks.
@BruceMatter : I try with ntfs because Hidizs said that it is a formatting bug with my micro-sd card and it could be better in ntfs. But no effect. I come back to fat32,same limitation with the twot formats!

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #717 of 1,215
I can have more than 5800 , but the scan for "tagging" stop at 5800 files. All the files after that are not in the tags folder : Artists, albums,...you only can see it in the folders library, not by tags. :-/
@raiderkilo : give a try, see if your last Artists are in the "artist" tag library. And please give a look at your scan when you are doing it : the number increase after 5800 or the count stop to thus number?? Thanks.
@BruceMatter : I try with ntfs because Hidizs said that it is a formatting bug with my micro-sd card and it could be better in ntfs. But no effect. I come back to fat32,same limitation with the twot formats!

I see... that's interesting and good to know.

In reality I actually find I don't use the id3 tag browsing very much, it's a bit weird in that when you browse via Artist for example, the next thing you see is all the songs from the artist just kinda jumbled up (and not seeing the albums they belong to).
My Folder view is set to being Artist>Album>Track and therefore I see this as a faster way of browsing for a particular album. But I can see it being pretty crap if for example all you wanted to do was listen to all the tracks in a shuffled like manner from a particular Artist (say.. Zero 7 for example), and when you go to do that via their 'Artist' browser, it doesn't show up because you have more than 5800 tracks on the AP100!

Pretty unforgivable bug.

I don't have +5800 tracks to test this with right now (tho I have purchased a 64gb card), but can anyone else testify that this is indeed a global bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back