Review: Denon D2000
Jun 16, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #46 of 232
I wish I could audition them but the nearest store from me with all these cans is already an international flight away
biggrin.gif

I'd have to go to Hong kong at least

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:11 AM Post #47 of 232
pataburd: Just a note on one of your previous posts: The D5000's have a 7N (according to the box) braided copper cable.

Jun 16, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #48 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBlanchard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think i'm gonna buy the d2000's.
smily_headphones1.gif

by the sound of it, they have strong bass, slightly recsessed mids, and nice detailed highs. Am I correct?

Does anyone know where I can get them cheapest in the UK by chance?

My D2000 and D5000 have NO RECESSED MIDS in any way.

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #49 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D2000 and D5000 have NO RECESSED MIDS in any way.

x2. When I read comments like "recessed mids" or "midrange suck-out" with regards to the D2000, I simply scratch me head and wonder: "What headphones are they listening to, anyway?" My experience with the D2000 has been smooth, engaging midange response that is fairly well balanced with treble and bass.

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #50 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Currawong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pataburd: Just a note on one of your previous posts: The D5000's have a 7N (according to the box) braided copper cable.

Thanks, CW. And the D2000 employ the 6N copper cable, correct?

I'm a firm believer in after-market cable upgrades with an exemplary set of headphones, though (e.g. APS V3).

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #51 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. When I read comments like "recessed mids" or "midrange suck-out" with regards to the D2000, I simply scratch me head and wonder: "What headphones are they listening to, anyway?" My experience with the D2000 has been smooth, engaging midange response that is fairly well balanced with treble and bass.

Alright alright, so if there is no recessed mids on these phones... then where is the shortcomings of them? I mean.... they sound like the perfect cans, and all for under $250
eek.gif

Time to save my pennies
redface.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #53 of 232
well... with a little bit of sadness... and lot more excitment... i didn't get the d2000's, but opted to get the HFI780's as my next pair of cans.

i couldn't resist the $179 deal (with shipping) from rmcaudio, and i wanted my 2nd pair of cans to have better isolation and have a different sound than my esw9's.

i suspect i'll get the d2000's in a couple months... maybe it'll be below $200 by then...

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM Post #55 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by antran7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well... with a little bit of sadness... and lot more excitment... i didn't get the d2000's, but opted to get the HFI780's as my next pair of cans.

i couldn't resist the $179 deal (with shipping) from rmcaudio, and i wanted my 2nd pair of cans to have better isolation and have a different sound than my esw9's.

i suspect i'll get the d2000's in a couple months... maybe it'll be below $200 by then...

A7,
Sweet deal on the HFI-780! : ) Please be sure to post your first impressions for interested, never-owned-the-780-before folks like me!
PAB

Jun 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #56 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by Citizen86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Alright alright, so if there is no recessed mids on these phones... then where is the shortcomings of them? I mean.... they sound like the perfect cans, and all for under $250
eek.gif

Time to save my pennies
redface.gif

C86,
Not meaning to sound obnoxious in my (x2) post, and to qualify/temper/"prudentiafy" my statement, I have had instances where, due to bass-overload in the recording, the D2000 can sound crowded in the highs and mids. But I attribute this to the recording(s), not to an inconsistency in the D2000's midrange response.

Again, we do hear differently and I cannot tell those folks who hear recession in the D2000's mids that they're all wet either (but I can still scratch my head and wonder, though). : )
PAB

Jun 16, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #57 of 232
Quote:

C86,
Not meaning to sound obnoxious in my (x2) post, and to qualify/temper/"prudentiafy" my statement, I have had instances where, due to bass-overload in the recording, the D2000 can sound crowded in the highs and mids. But I attribute this to the recording(s), not to an inconsistency in the D2000's midrange response.

Again, we do hear differently and I cannot tell those folks who hear recession in the D2000's mids that they're all wet either (but I can still scratch my head and wonder, though). : )
PAB

Yep of course. I really do look at everything posted on head-fi as "IMO", because obviously hearing is SO subjective. I kind of laugh when I read someone saying "this is how it is because I heard it that way". Well, yes, to you, that's exactly how it is... unfortunately there may not be many people that agree with you
redface.gif

Anyways, I'm enjoying reading your feedback on these headphones, keep them coming! They definitely seem like they're going to stay, and not a FOTM
wink.gif

Jun 16, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #58 of 232
Quote:

Yeah, agreed...there's no suck-out or recession per se, but to me, compared to the HD650 (which definitely has a midrange hump), they sound less middy. They sound perfectly balanced in and of themselves though, but peak up in the bottom end and high end. Where the Senns are sorta like flat(lows)-midrange hump-rolled off highs, the Denons are extended lows-flat mids-extended highs (sorry for the word-graphs, lol).

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #59 of 232
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
falling screws, thats an imperfection

Yes, donunus, but when they, they fall perfectly! They're always easy to find, too. And even if they fall on a carpet with screws in the background pattern and upon which there are lots of other actual screws strewn about that look remarkably similar to the D2000's, your eyes are immediately drawn to the Denon screws; it's rather amazing, actually. They also sparkle with peerless clarity, better than screws from any other headphones--open or closed--that I've ever owned!!

Next up: HD600 screws vs. K501 screws vs. D2000 screws, the "final showdown." : )

Jun 16, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #60 of 232
I'm presently enjoying Eddy Arnold singing "Just a Little Lovin'" (RCA) with the Bada/D2000.

Unquestionably, these D2000 (IMHO) are the best "all-rounders" I've ever owned, nay! the only headphones I've heard that truly warrant such a descriptor ["all-rounder"].

I've begun (mentally) to compose a poem: "Ode to the D2000." This is a first for me and a set of headphones! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back