[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jun 22, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #857 of 7,021
Anyone else own the EX-1000 in this thread? I honestly think sound wise they are almost identical to the EX-1000 without the spikes in the highs. ASG-2 spikes are non-existent which only means it was due to the dynamic driver. The hissing is still present which means it is highly likely due to the Balance armature. I played some Zakir Hussain and it sounds just the way it is recorded. 

Please anyone with EX-1000 try to compare the two and report back if they can. 

Really? Didn't tyll not like the AS2/ASG2? Did that ever get sorted out? He talks about the EX1000 here.

http://youtu.be/MAqkV4d26S4

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #858 of 7,021
Quote:
Really? Didn't tyll not like the AS2/ASG2? Did that ever get sorted out? He talks about the EX1000 here.

http://youtu.be/MAqkV4d26S4

There's a possibility (actually a decently high one) that Tyll's AS-2 is defective.  Aurisonics believes that his tweeters dropped (literally) so he didn't get much treble output. 

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #859 of 7,021
There's a possibility (actually a decently high one) that Tyll's AS-2 is defective.  Aurisonics believes that his tweeters dropped (literally) so he didn't get much treble output. 

You'd think it would have gotten past the "believes" phase by now. =/

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:17 PM Post #860 of 7,021
You'd think it would have gotten past the "believes" phase by now. =/

Lol

Thanks for the info Tiny, love ya :wink:

P.S. was going to check the innerfidelity site but seems to be down atm.

Jun 22, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #862 of 7,021
Idk. He still hasn't contacted them, so I guess he's not interested.

This is ridiculously wild speculation but the whole situation kind of has an uncomfortable vibe.

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:15 PM Post #863 of 7,021
That's a shame. In my estimation, the G-2 is a wonderful sounding phone and an incredible value at the price.

Jun 22, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #865 of 7,021
Quote:
Dale has emailed Tyll and gotten no response.

It's water under the bridge at this point, let's move on.

Didn't Tyll appear in this thread saying he wanted to get everything worked out? Hopefully it will get worked out. We'll see though.

Jun 22, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #868 of 7,021
I bought my ASG-2 for $499 AUD so at that price it is quiet a capable and enjoyable IEM.

EX-1000 might still give a tighter bass and feels a lot more comfortable but as someone already said it is a personal taste. In terms of speed and micro detail I still think CK100PRO wins over the ASG-2 but than again ASG-2 is not designed to be an IEM audio engineers use for mixing but it is purely a stage monitor which audio-enthusiast started liking to use it. 
The balance armature are there to complement the highs and they truly do that. 

Before I used to believe that a hybrid should be all about a nice dynamic driver with balance armature only there to fix the high frequency but I have changed my mind now. There are certain few things that balance armature can do that dynamic IEMS cannot do and visa versa. I like to see full range BA implement with dynamic driver made for low end and hopefully in future some smart engineer finds a proper cross over for there two different technology. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #869 of 7,021
Quote:

I think what UnityIsPower and yourself need to do is to demo the pair if at all possible. 

If you can't do that, then unfortunately, it is all down to "risk taking", assuming your wallet can't take the hit. I'm guessing you are currently on recruit pay as I served my national service close to ten years ago now and our pay was slightly less than that. 

Anyhow, both of you need to realise that there is only so much you can read that will be useful and once you hit a "saturation" point, everything you read that you feel is positive will swing you either way. You should read reviews in context and by that I mean reading reviews that actually match your preferences e.g. a reviewer may prefer a particular sound signature or music preferences. Both of those help reduce the "risk". 

And just because any one reputable reviewer may not like a particular IEM doesn't mean that IEM isn't good or anything like that. It really boils down to preferences etc. 

Beyond that, just enjoy the journey. Once you get a pair, don't fuss about which is better if you know you can't afford to spend and get various earphones. Be happy with what you have, and when you are ready to take the next step, then let the whole process run through again. There will always be something better out there, that's part and parcel of technology, but then again, sometimes it is all just snake oil.

could not have been said better , im just gonna look forward to the ASG-2 , and look to the next upgrade from ipod classic 80gb + c&c X02 amp to a studio v or if i get my corporal Rank , i can hold out for a ak100 or a colorfly c4 !

Jun 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #870 of 7,021
The ASG2 is an amazing phone period, regardless of price.

I'm going to have to agree with this sentiment. No phone can be all things to all people but I think it's a remarkable performer for the price. I think it's dead even with the 334, and even better in some aspects (bass/treble, delineating details). I just got the silver/gold cable 1P2 in yesterday and have listened to it for a few hours. It's hilariously technically proficient but I can not for the life of me connect to the signature at all at the moment. It's borderline clinical to me and void of musicality. If you listen to music for the pleasure of it and not the gory details, the G-2 should warrant some consideration. As for me, I'm gonna continue to give the 1P2 their due time before deciding what to do with them, but they did not move me like the G-2 and 334 did and does

Users who are viewing this thread

Back