[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #1,801 of 7,021
Quote:

I look forward to doing this same comparison again, once my custom AS-2 returns, as I remember it having a few differences in presentation  and technicalities from the generic version. To tie back around to Eke's assessment, even though I hear them pretty different in mids and treble, I can consider them brothers from another mother- the G2 being the little brother of the TG334.

Oh, but wait... Adele is a guy!!!? Now, I know this is none of my business but I'm of the opinion that that should worry your wife a little more than if Adele was indeed a female.

Jul 20, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,802 of 7,021
Oh, but wait... Adele is a guy!!!? Now, I know this is none of my business but I'm of the opinion that that should worry your wife a little more than if Adele was indeed a female.

yes, and Justin Bieber is a girl, but he does not know this yet :p

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #1,803 of 7,021
My ASG-2s are now in my possession. Unlike everyone else though they seem to have set the bass port to half way between the first and second notch (so just barely open), which seems to be the favorite... They must be listening to us...

That said... Been listening to Nikki Yanovsky and reveling at her voice. These are pretty much everything I wanted from the ASG-1 upgrade and more. They are fantastic, even better than what I remembered from the NY meet.

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #1,804 of 7,021
Quote:
My ASG-2s are now in my possession. Unlike everyone else though they seem to have set the bass port to half way between the first and second notch (so just barely open), which seems to be the favorite... They must be listening to us...

That said... Been listening to Nikki Yanovsky and reveling at her voice. These are pretty much everything I wanted from the ASG-1 upgrade and more. They are fantastic, even better than what I remembered from the NY meet.

Congratz!  

Mine are also shipped with this latest batch but would probably take a while to arrive in Hong Kong.  Any eye candies for us to-be owner who are impatiently waiting for ours!? 

Jul 20, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #1,805 of 7,021
Quote:

Congratz!  

Mine are also shipped with this latest batch but would probably take a while to arrive in Hong Kong.  Any eye candies for us to-be owner who are impatiently waiting for ours!? 

Soon... after I take them out of my ears perhaps... They haven't left much at all since I got them 
etysmile.gif
 (also when I have better light, as of current I only have a desk lamp about a meter away)

Though honestly, I was thrown off by the size of the case... I knew it was going to be bigger, but wow... I'm going to play with the bass valve a bit tomorrow, but honestly... I'm REALLY liking half way between the first and second notch. 

I will say this, the smaller biflanges fit better than I remember, but I still prefer the medium single flange tips. I need to pick up Auvio though, since they are apparently a must have.

When I do my impressions I'll probably just do J3>Arrow 4G>ASG-2 (maybe remove the Arrow to see if there is a difference, though I suspect there won't be)

Currently I'm just really enjoying them right now. 

Edit: I just put on Slow it Down by The Lumineers and got chills. I blame eke....

Jul 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,806 of 7,021
Just a quick update: I don't know why yet, but it seems like the ASG-2 and Yulong D100 head amp don't make the greatest combination together (at least mine don't). I've got another amp I'm going to plug in tomorrow, but I can say that out of everything else I've tried thus far, the G-2 sounds absolutely excellent-- full bodied, fun, detailed, just about every positive adjective I can throw at them. But there just seems to be something off about the sound from the D100 headphone amp... I've used the very same equipment before with the IE8 and never heard the IE8 sound better, but there's something about the pairing with the G-2 that just doesn't sound right to me.

Anyway, anybody with a D100 (original, not Mk II) that's trying out the G-2 might want to try a different amp if they aren't fond of the sound. Otherwise, it's hard to make these sound anything other than great :wink:.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #1,808 of 7,021
Quote:
The asg-2. Though, i doubt there'll be an adjustable tweeter mod, since that was a one off thing for soubdbear. The cross valve mod is on its way though. It should change the bass port in a way that makes it affect sub-bass more than mid-bass.

Does Aurisonics intend to add that cross valve mod to the current batch of existing ASG-2 like what Tralucent did for all the earlier batches of 1plus2 with a free 1-to-1 trade-in replacement or at least charge a minimal fee for the new mod?

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #1,809 of 7,021
Does Aurisonics intend to add that cross valve mod to the current batch of existing ASG-2 like what Tralucent did for all the earlier batches of 1plus2 with a free 1-to-1 trade-in replacement or at least charge a minimal fee for the new mod?

I don't know how they handled the ASG-1 upgrade but they will most likely do it the same way with the G-2.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:13 AM Post #1,810 of 7,021
Wow, two posts with my name on it, kinda sorta.

Currently I'm just really enjoying them right now. 

Edit: I just put on Slow it Down by The Lumineers and got chills. I blame eke....

That was me, not Eke. :p
And I was talking about the Heaven V. :p

I've listened to it with the ASG-2 and they do a really good job for my tastes, but not in the same way as the Heaven V.

Edit: but you can blame Eke in general. :D

Just a quick update: I don't know why yet, but it seems like the ASG-2 and Yulong D100 head amp don't make the greatest combination together (at least mine don't). I've got another amp I'm going to plug in tomorrow, but I can say that out of everything else I've tried thus far, the G-2 sounds absolutely excellent-- full bodied, fun, detailed, just about every positive adjective I can throw at them. But there just seems to be something off about the sound from the D100 headphone amp... I've used the very same equipment before with the IE8 and never heard the IE8 sound better, but there's something about the pairing with the G-2 that just doesn't sound right to me.

Anyway, anybody with a D100 (original, not Mk II) that's trying out the G-2 might want to try a different amp if they aren't fond of the sound. Otherwise, it's hard to make these sound anything other than great :wink:.

Even though this post explicitly excluded me :p I will take a crack at this. My final step will be to listen to the G-2 through the D-100 MKII probably today. I feel like I already know how it will sound, amplifying some of the G-2's already stronger traits leading to maybe overkill but who knows maybe I'll think it's awesome. I think the D100 does really well with darker or softer sounding phones.

I don't know how they handled the ASG-1 upgrade but they will most likely do it the same way with the G-2.

If you mean like the ASG-1.0-1.1 to 1.2 upgrade then I think and hope so too.

Jul 21, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #1,811 of 7,021

Wait till you listen to the rest of the album. Flapper Girl and Morning Song get me every time. If its your first time listening to the album, start with Ho hey. The first few track feel almost like filler to me.

Oh, and congrats!

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #1,812 of 7,021
From what I've seen, there's not a lot of country fans on here but the ASG-2 nails the feeling of this song. There's no finese or delicate emotion, rather the power and rawness shows through. This song kicks ***** on the G2:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5plCd5Yi8

Jul 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #1,813 of 7,021
I'm told the youtube video is blocked in the EU.  Here is the song on grooveshark: http://grooveshark.com/s/The+Girls+Gone+Wild/4Rb6SJ?src=5

It's 'Girls Gone Wild' by Travis Tritt, in case that link is blocked too.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #1,814 of 7,021
Both links are blocked in Germany....if you don't have Proxtube :wink:
Nice song! Only thing I need right now are some ASG-2 to enjoy it properly :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back