[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 21, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #1,817 of 7,021
That's just crazy.  As we become more of an interlinked and small world, I don't understand the regional blocks.

Two words: licensing agreements.

From what I've seen, there's not a lot of country fans on here but the ASG-2 nails the feeling of this song. There's no finese or delicate emotion, rather the power and rawness shows through. This song kicks ***** on the G2:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Um5plCd5Yi8

That's an awesome song. It came around on pandora a few times last month at the pharmacy I was rotating in. That song, "Some girls do", and "I love this bar" we're some of my favorites.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,818 of 7,021
Quote:
Two words: licensing agreements.
That's an awesome song. It came around on pandora a few times last month at the pharmacy I was rotating in. That song, "Some girls do", and "I love this bar" we're some of my favorites.

Oh, understood on the licensing but it's silly.  Who doesn't want world wide exposure.  Old world execs living in a new digital world.  Adapt or become extinct.

Not familiar some girls do but I'll check it out.  I love this bar is great too.
Edit: Sawyer Brown huh.  That's old school now adays!

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #1,819 of 7,021
Quote:

That's just crazy.  As we become more of an interlinked and small world, I don't understand the regional blocks.

One word:
GEMA

(okay I don't know if an abbreviation counts as one word...)

These people are always talking about helping the music industry by taking huge amounts of taxes on everything music related.

Clubs have to pay 300% more taxes? Sure, why not!
We want Youtube to give us 0,13 cent for every music video played from a german IP!

There are so many more ridiculous stories about the GEMA...no idea what kind of music melted their brains.

Jul 21, 2013 at 5:30 PM Post #1,820 of 7,021
Oh, understood on the licensing but it's silly.  Who doesn't want world wide exposure.  Old world execs living in a new digital world.  Adapt or become extinct.

Not familiar some girls do but I'll check it out.  I love this bar is great too.
Edit: Sawyer Brown huh.  That's old school now adays!

This is true.

Since its hard to find in YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ncLZD4KFUD4?autoplay=1

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #1,821 of 7,021
I was slumming it at work with the KURO listenin to the Hotline Miami OST cause got damn, what better way to brutalize pixel people than to do it to sleazy 80's synth tunes with a predilection for subterranean lows?

https://soundcloud.com/devolverdigital/sets/hotline-miami-official

Queued up the second track, "Hydrogen" by MOON and damn, forgot how hard the F-4 was capable of kicking, get home, slip on the G-2 and the seismic force of that same track feels like its excavating my skull!

Tl;DR: GOD DAMN THE G-2 HITS HARD

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #1,822 of 7,021
Quote:
Tl;DR: GOD DAMN THE G-2 HITS HARD

This made me lol at work.

I did some listening before sending my G2 off, and I realized something about the bass. With the ports closed, what you're getting is almost pure impact/air movement. It was really evident at low volumes. What the bass port seems to increase is the mass of the bass, creating some extra impact as a side effec. The bass with the ports open feels literally heavier and slower as if it's running with added weight.

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #1,823 of 7,021
That's a good way of puttin it. I've had the ports closed about 90% of the time I've owned this phone. Only cracked it a hair, I mean just barely the other day when V mentioned to me that he felt the driver breathed better with it open just a touch, and yeah, the pure weight of the added bass is instantly noticeable; it just thuds like a ton of bricks but doesn't smear into the midrange, I freakin love it.

Jul 21, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,824 of 7,021
That's a good way of puttin it. I've had the ports closed about 90% of the time I've owned this phone. Only cracked it a hair, I mean just barely the other day when V mentioned to me that he felt the driver breathed better with it open just a touch, and yeah, the pure weight of the added bass is instantly noticeable; it just thuds like a ton of bricks but doesn't smear into the midrange, I freakin love it.

Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, the bass definitely affects the midrange. There is more mid-bass than the GR07 for example.

Jul 21, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #1,825 of 7,021
Quote:
Just in case anyone gets the wrong idea, the bass definitely affects the midrange. There is more mid-bass than the GR07 for example.

tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, there's more mid-bass that the GR07 (which had relatively little, btw), but the ASG-2's soundstage is much taller, giving the mids and bass separate places to play. The bass never smears the mids. At most, it gives it some colour and lushness.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,826 of 7,021
tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

:)

Yes, there's more mid-bass that the GR07 (which had relatively little, btw), but the ASG-2's soundstage is much taller, giving the mids and bass separate places to play. The bass never smears the mids. At most, it gives it some colour and lushness.

That's true. Just trying to keep the hype train in the station with some balanced perspective lol. For me the mid-bass was ~3-4dB too much, maybe more. The mids were much too warm for my taste because of the mid-bass.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #1,828 of 7,021
Also it should be acknowledged that the mid-bass seems to be enough of an issue for Dale to address it with a new mod that would lessen it in comparison to the sub-bass. I'm curious as to how it would affect the mid-bass in relation to the mids.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #1,829 of 7,021
Also it should be acknowledged that the mid-bass seems to be enough of an issue for Dale to address it with a new mod that would lessen it in comparison to the sub-bass. I'm curious as to how it would affect the mid-bass in relation to the mids.

As far as I was told (by Dale) the mod should only affect the turning of the bass port. He's modding it to where it changes the sub-bass more, whereas it currently has the more drastic effect on the mid-bass.

That's good. The hype train shouldn't have as many departures as it has. And hey, we need everybody's opinion.

Of course! The more the merrier.

Jul 22, 2013 at 1:45 AM Post #1,830 of 7,021
As far as I was told (by Dale) the mod should only affect the turning of the bass port. He's modding it to where it changes the sub-bass more, whereas it currently has the more drastic effect on the mid-bass.

So, if I followed this thread properly, the sub-bass of this (C)IEM will become adjustable (as opposed to its mid-bass now), its highs will become adjustable, and it has dynamic and BA drivers. It seems well on its way to become the most adaptable (C)IEM on the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back