[REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons)
Jul 19, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #1,771 of 7,021
It depends on your interpretation of audio. The Sui and Kaede are noticeably different to me. Now I can't say night and day difference. The same could be said about the price difference not being worth it for the difference in sound. Ultimately it depends on the user and what attributes they hold most dear to them.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #1,772 of 7,021
Quote:
Oh is the difference really that big?
Well, you never stop learning :)

Quote:
I heard it was small
tongue.gif

lol..n hence I ask the ones who've heard 'em.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #1,773 of 7,021
Quote:
lol..n hence I ask the ones who've heard 'em.

Pfff this is Head-Fi.
6 out of 10 opinions you get on a piece of equipment comes from people who never used the product to begin with :D

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #1,774 of 7,021
Quote:
It depends on your interpretation of audio. The Sui and Kaede are noticeably different to me. Now I can't say night and day difference. The same could be said about the price difference not being worth it for the difference in sound. Ultimately it depends on the user and what attributes they hold most dear to them.

^ ditto
Lee, have you had a chance to try the ASG-2? 

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,777 of 7,021

I haven't heard them but I'd put money on them having the same sonic character but with different emphases.

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #1,779 of 7,021
Eke's pair I'm guessin? And I could've sworn that Flysweep (who owns the custom) had heard the G-2 as well. I kinda wonder whether the bass port models inherently possess more bass than the customs. I've got my port turned a hair past closed and the bass has got substantial weight and depth.

The g2 definetly has more bass at less turn of the valve than the custom version at the same turn of the valve. Wow, this sucker can hit hard!

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #1,782 of 7,021
The g2 definetly has more bass at less turn of the valve than the custom version at the same turn of the valve. Wow, this sucker can hit hard!

I'm just going to bold that for anyone reading. There is a ton of weight behind the bass notes if you open up the valve a bit.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #1,783 of 7,021
I do remember being able to get the as-2 bass pretty tame when closed, where the g2 is definitely still playful.

That's kind of what I've suspected for a while.. that, when the ports are fully closed on both, the ASG-2 migt be a touch warmer/bassier than the AS-2.  Insertion depth/tips, and all that comes into play w/ the ASG-2.. which could account for the difference, but I was pretty surprised at how little bass (in a relative, not absolute, sense) the AS-2 had when the port was closed.. it's why I keep it 99% closed.

Jul 19, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #1,784 of 7,021
Quote:
That's kind of what I've suspected for a while.. that, when the ports are fully closed on both, the ASG-2 migt be a touch warmer/bassier than the AS-2.  Insertion depth/tips, and all that comes into play w/ the ASG-2.. which could account for the difference, but I was pretty surprised at how little bass (in a relative, not absolute, sense) the AS-2 had when the port was closed.. it's why I keep it 99% closed.

I am in opposite situation. My AS-2 have a lot of bass quantity even when the ports are closed. Comparing to ASG-2, AS-2 are always bassier and also tighter.

Jul 20, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #1,785 of 7,021
My ASG-2s are definitely coming tomorrow. I'll post my impressions ASAP. Unfortunately I'll be at work when they are coming... :frowning2: Well I'll have plenty of time to listen to them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back