Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #1,951 of 2,480
I have been wondering the same thing tomscy2000, the EL-8 definitely "Look" the part. Here's hoping they sound wonderful, it should power the closed pair fairly well. Who knows about the open back ones though. I have always enjoyed closed back headphones for some reason, they just seem a tad more intimate to me.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,952 of 2,480
  I'm hoping the HP has enough power to drive the EL-8 properly (theoretically, it shouldn't have any problem at reasonable SPLs). Hopefully, someone tries that combination out. Otherwise, I'm gonna go with something less harmful to the wallet, like the ATH-M70x. I'd get the NAD HP50 or Focal Professional (both of which pair nicely with the HP), but I have an issue with the fit of both, while I don't have a fit issue with the M50x, and the M70x should fit better.

Me too, unfortunately. A shame really, they sound quite good. 

I have been wondering the same thing tomscy2000, the EL-8 definitely "Look" the part. Here's hoping they sound wonderful, it should power the closed pair fairly well. Who knows about the open back ones though. I have always enjoyed closed back headphones for some reason, they just seem a tad more intimate to me.

I'm interested to hear how the closed version compares to the Alpha Dogs. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #1,953 of 2,480
Project86... For some reason i cant Quote text on here. Seems to be hit or miss when im using my work computer.

The EL-8 and Alpha Dogs are about the same price here in Aus, so im keen to hear your opinion. Fingers crossed they sound good with the HP.

Ive just tracked my HP and i should receive it today sometime... Hope they knock loud enough to wake me. Will be sleeping after my nightshift.

Jan 29, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #1,954 of 2,480
I can imagine the Focal Spirit Professional being a very nice combo with the Concero. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long for Focal for a redesign to make the fit more comfortable. I wouldn't be able to wear them for longer than 30 minutes, but I do love the sound.

How does the Concero HP compare to the GeekOut 1000?

Going to be trying the Concero with the Rega Elex-R and KEF R500 speakers this weekend! Looking forward to seeing how the combination sounds together.

Jan 29, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1,955 of 2,480
Ok....

Question time, i just received my Concero HP and it was floating around inside the original box with no sort of protection at all. The original had some foam inserts at least, has anyone else had this dilemma..?? The finish is no where near on the same level as my normal Concero, so im a bit annoyed right now. Couple of tiny tiny nicks on the paint work and it has swirls in the paint finish. My normal Concero looks nice and matte black, this had a greyish tinge to it  with the swirls.

The HP sounds great and seems to work fine, just doesnt look the part of a thousand dollar piece of equipment here in Australia.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:31 PM Post #1,957 of 2,480
I bought it through a company here in Australia.. the box is not like the original concero either. From pictures on the net, its missing the slip over cover thats ment to have all the details on it etc. I rang the company and they assure me its brand new... when you open something and its floating around and doesnt look brand new. You feel ripped off. Plus the fact its definitely been taken out of its box before. Some of the cardboard inside thr box is ripped and collapsed.

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #1,959 of 2,480

I'll second this! I'm absolutely loving this pairing.

The Concero HP/Z7 pairing was so good that I took a stroll through memory lane and pulled out Van Halen's 1984 (like I'm back in jr. high)...simply amazing combination! 
L3000.gif

I'm hoping the HP has enough power to drive the EL-8 properly (theoretically, it shouldn't have any problem at reasonable SPLs). Hopefully, someone tries that combination out. Otherwise, I'm gonna go with something less harmful to the wallet, like the ATH-M70x. I'd get the NAD HP50 or Focal Professional (both of which pair nicely with the HP), but I have an issue with the fit of both, while I don't have a fit issue with the M50x, and the M70x should fit better.

The EL-8 is designed to be Audeze's "portable" headphone as seeing how well the HP can drive the LCD-X and 3, I think you would be pretty darn good with the EL-8s.

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:03 PM Post #1,960 of 2,480
Its the only distributor in Australia.. so i dont have many options unless i buy second hand. Just spoke to them on the phone. Sounds like Resonessence changed the packaging, the new box has literally no protection once the Concero moves around inside. Im returning it for a replacement, although they cant guarantee the new one is going to be in better condition. Friggen awesome.. ugh.

In the US we call that an "open box" item which should be disclosed prlor to sale and accompied by a discount.

I would return it and find another dealer.

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #1,962 of 2,480
  Ok....

Question time, i just received my Concero HP and it was floating around inside the original box with no sort of protection at all. The original had some foam inserts at least, has anyone else had this dilemma..?? The finish is no where near on the same level as my normal Concero, so im a bit annoyed right now. Couple of tiny tiny nicks on the paint work and it has swirls in the paint finish. My normal Concero looks nice and matte black, this had a greyish tinge to it  with the swirls.

The HP sounds great and seems to work fine, just doesnt look the part of a thousand dollar piece of equipment here in Australia.

what company is this? addicted to audio?

Jan 30, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #1,963 of 2,480
  The EL-8 is designed to be Audeze's "portable" headphone as seeing how well the HP can drive the LCD-X and 3, I think you would be pretty darn good with the EL-8s.

Yeah, but I think the voltage on the X & 3 needs to be higher than 10 Vp-p (3.5 Vrms) for it to be driven optimally. There's plenty of current delivery from the HP, as they designed it specifically to handle extremely reactive loads (read: dynamics and multi-BA IEMs) but planars are almost wholly resistive loads, so it's not a problem there. The AD8397 should swing easily in that regard. So I'm sure good sound comes out of it, but likely not ideal because of peak voltage amplitude. I know the EL-8 is designed to be high-efficiency, so that's what I'm counting on. I didn't quite like the pairing between the HE-400 (not 400i) and the HP, though. I should try it with the HE-560 some time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back