Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead
Jan 24, 2015 at 8:03 PM Post #1,936 of 2,480
Actually i would prefer something bigger sized than the Concero but good info.

Edit: i know but you said to him that you want something smaller sized, thats what i was referring to :)

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #1,937 of 2,480
Oh im not sure what he has planned, as i stated a few posts back. Something double the size of the current Concero would fit me perfectly.

Jan 24, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #1,938 of 2,480

Oh please let it come with headphone amp. I'm hooked on their house sound and hate the idea of 'tainting' it with some other sonic signature.

Jan 24, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #1,939 of 2,480
Fingers crossed!

Definitely keen for a head amp of some sort. Suppose we wont find out until it drops.

Jan 28, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #1,940 of 2,480
Couldnt help myself... Just purchased the Concero HP and a pair of Fidelio X2's for bedside listening.

Hopefully they match up well together :D

Jan 28, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,942 of 2,480
Hmmm... I havent heard the LCD-3 yet. Spent some time with the LCD-2 back a few years ago, wasnt something i really enjoyed. Good to hear the HP runs the LCD-3 though as i would like to hear the LCD-XC sometime around.

Jan 28, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #1,943 of 2,480
  Couldnt help myself... Just purchased the Concero HP and a pair of Fidelio X2's for bedside listening.

Hopefully they match up well together :D

I noted on another thread I'm currently listening to the Concero HP for my review and it pairs wonderfully with my LCD-X. The DAC while a Sabre DAC doesn't suffer from many others I've tried with an upper-mids shout and "digititus". The amp section works remarkably well with my PS1000e, LCD-X and Sony Z7s.

Heck, my HD800s worked fairly well too. Doesn't get extremely loud, but moderately so and for such a small unit, it sounds BIG!.

Jan 29, 2015 at 2:44 AM Post #1,944 of 2,480
I noted on another thread I'm currently listening to the Concero HP for my review and it pairs wonderfully with my LCD-X. The DAC while a Sabre DAC doesn't suffer from many others I've tried with an upper-mids shout and "digititus". The amp section works remarkably well with my PS1000e, LCD-X and Sony Z7s.

Heck, my HD800s worked fairly well too. Doesn't get extremely loud, but moderately so and for such a small unit, it sounds BIG!.

Just to underline that point, since getting the HP I've put off plans to get the Leben CS300X for my LCD3. Whatever that's coming out of the little HP sounds exactly like what I want from a dream amp. A caveat here though, I've been playing mostly DSD music and I do think they up the sonic game by leaps and bounds. If I had only listened to Red book recordings, I won't be surprised if I give the HP 7/10 and not 9/10.

Jan 29, 2015 at 5:47 AM Post #1,945 of 2,480

I'll second this! I'm absolutely loving this pairing.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:00 AM Post #1,946 of 2,480
Oh im looking forward to my HP arriving, using the X2 out of my Note 4 right now. They sound pretty good, heres hoping some more juice makes them shine!

So much for ordering an ALO Island... Straight to the Concero HP :) 

The best thing is... I can now take my laptop with the HP and actually trial headphones at a local store instead of blind buying them online.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #1,947 of 2,480
  Oh im looking forward to my HP arriving, using the X2 out of my Note 4 right now. They sound pretty good, heres hoping some more juice makes them shine! So much for ordering an ALO Island... Straight to the Concero HP :) The best thing is... I can now take my laptop with the HP and actually trial headphones at a local store instead of blind buying them online.

I think you'll really enjoy it --- a lot! RLabs has such a pleasant out of box experience; zero issues with driver bugs or whatever. Everything works perfectly as intended, and the unit itself is built like a tank. This is all on top of the sound, which I still prefer more than basically all of the portable DAC/amps I've come across so far, including the HiFi-M8, the PHA-1/2/3. The bass is robust but always under control, and everything else is smooth and engrossing. If people don't need a super powerful amplifier, the HP, IMHO, is all anyone needs.

Jan 29, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #1,948 of 2,480
Well the best thing ive purchased the entire time i have been on these forums was the Non HD Concero... I use it in my speaker setup and it has amazed me the whole time. Which is why i opted for the HP... I have never owned a ridiculously hard to drive pair of headphones, so this is another reason i chose the HP. There are a lot of options in the $1000+ area, but the small foot print and massive sound from my normal concero made me jump on the HP wagon.

This is more of an end game item for myself :)

Jan 29, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #1,949 of 2,480
Agreed all around. I still use the Concero family on a regular basis - easy to move around, and all of them sound wonderful. I don't know how many RLabs has sold - they seem reasonably popular - but I think they would sell like hotcakes if people could simply get over the "bigger is better" mentality. 

Jan 29, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #1,950 of 2,480
I'm hoping the HP has enough power to drive the EL-8 properly (theoretically, it shouldn't have any problem at reasonable SPLs). Hopefully, someone tries that combination out. Otherwise, I'm gonna go with something less harmful to the wallet, like the ATH-M70x. I'd get the NAD HP50 or Focal Professional (both of which pair nicely with the HP), but I have an issue with the fit of both, while I don't have a fit issue with the M50x, and the M70x should fit better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back