RE0 and why I can not recommend them to anyone
Jun 6, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #31 of 110
I picked up a pair of UE100 from a store two weeks ago and have to return it to the store for an exchange the next day. The driver flex is so bad that the right side stop making sound when it is inserted into the ear canal. The second pair too have a mild driver flex issue, but not quite as bad. Also have an experience with a brand new SE530 die after less than 3 hours of actual use due to disconnected wire in the Y-splitter. Big brands ain't always safe.

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:36 PM Post #32 of 110
It's really a shame in how slow customer service is, even with the holiday. I really wanted to try out their higher end IEMs based on reading here, but the durability of the RE0 alone keeps me at bay. I'm not going to spend $200+ on the 262/etc only to have this same problem with slow customer service.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #34 of 110
I love the RE0 sound, but the build quality and customer service are subpar for sure...
I had the casing split, which I fixed. They decided to stop giving me proper treble about 5 months in. Took me about 2 weeks to get a replacement shipped back and a few days longer counting the time it took to figure out what I was supposed to do to send them off. Also, the cable is obviously cheap and too stiff. I saw signs of wear at the jack after about 4 months, and I am very careful with them -- storing them in a case when not in use and coiling them loosely beforehand, and not taking them out of the house. My $20 Auvio earphones can take and have taken more abuse.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #35 of 110
I completely agree.

Though Fangs Customer service was superb, Build quality is non existant on Head direct product...

I went from RE-2 to RE0 ... Then finally switched over to etymotic, simply because I had 2 different pairs of headphones from 2 different models, fail in less then a 3 month period. Granted the company issued replacements without a hiccup... they were still replacements :/

Jun 7, 2011 at 12:14 PM Post #36 of 110
Maybe I am one of the few, but I've had my RE0 for over a year, and I have 0 issues with the built.. if anything, I am impressed. I cycle with them, run with them, use them every day, and they've held up quite nicely. 

The main problem for me is the fact, that without any kind of amp, the bass is a little too weak for my liking. And also, I use comply foam, and still can't get a good enough seal.. at least compared to my old shure e3c. Otherwise the sounds is great..

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #37 of 110
Really?  I feel these have a lot more bass and better extension on the low end than my Shure e3c.  That was the one thing I disliked about them was their lack of low end.  And the RE0 is even better when amped through a FiiO E5.

Quote:
The main problem for me is the fact, that without any kind of amp, the bass is a little too weak for my liking. And also, I use comply foam, and still can't get a good enough seal.. at least compared to my old shure e3c. Otherwise the sounds is great..

Jun 7, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #39 of 110

Quote:
I picked up a pair of UE100 from a store two weeks ago and have to return it to the store for an exchange the next day. The driver flex is so bad that the right side stop making sound when it is inserted into the ear canal. The second pair too have a mild driver flex issue, but not quite as bad. Also have an experience with a brand new SE530 die after less than 3 hours of actual use due to disconnected wire in the Y-splitter. Big brands ain't always safe.

Check the Headphonic forums - Marcus dropped UE from his product line because of durability issues. Maybe it had something to do with being taken over by Logitech, and the new management just cant see the difference between slapping 200,000 PC speakers together and assembling 10,000 pairs of relatively fragile IEMs for a more discerning market. Personally, I dont think you are missing much with the 100 though - I was so disappointed in mine that I just binned them and wrote it off to experience.

Jun 7, 2011 at 9:38 PM Post #40 of 110

Quote:
Personally, I dont think you are missing much with the 100 though - I was so disappointed in mine that I just binned them and wrote it off to experience.

Yep, that's what I am thinking. I picked up UE200 the same day as well. With only $7 difference in price locally, offer better build quality, more ergonomics in design and a little better sound, I am not even sure why Logitech want to make UE100 in the first place. They should have offered UE200 as their entry level IEM and stop making UE100.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #42 of 110
I have had my RE0s from 09. They came apart about maybe three or four times. The last time I just glued the heck out of them. They have held together for about two months so far, knock on wood.

I love them!

If you ever match them with an amp they come alive. For the money I do not know of anything that comes close to their mid definition. I play them through a 2nd generation 2005 I-pod Shuffel a 2nd generation I-pod Mini and a Touch. One of my favorite set of IEMs.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM Post #43 of 110
I received my "replacement" today. "Replacement" since they are the exact pair of RE0s I sent in! Do not buy anything from Head Direct. Whatever you hear about the customer service, it's bunk. They were difficult to communicate, and have now sent me the exact pair I sent them. This is atrocious and I'll be doing everything in my power against them if they don't honor the warranty.

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #44 of 110

Quote:
I received my "replacement" today. "Replacement" since they are the exact pair of RE0s I sent in! Do not buy anything from Head Direct. Whatever you hear about the customer service, it's bunk. They were difficult to communicate, and have now sent me the exact pair I sent them. This is atrocious and I'll be doing everything in my power against them if they don't honor the warranty.

Yeah, staying away from Head-Direct unless they show me something special, which I doubt.

Jun 7, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #45 of 110
Sounds like just about everything to do with head-direct is a mixed bag.  Some people say they have great customer service, some say it's awful...some say their build quality is great and some say it's the worst they've ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back