Ramen-Fi!
Nov 29, 2007 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 185

Chickenman

500+ Head-Fier
I love Ramen. Being Korean, there is never a time where I am without ramen. Discuss what brands are good, and what flavors you like! (can be from anywhere, not just Korea)

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 185
ha ha, nice topic.

I'm a fan of Maruchan, the chicken, but I add a few of my own spices usually. Sometimes cayenne pepper, sometimes italian seasoning, etc, et al.

Nov 29, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 185
I used to enjoy eating it dry, usually with a beer.

Haven't had that much lately, but it was enough with an empty wallet. I still cook it here and there, but I like to stir in a couple of scrambled eggs, some onions, and maybe some veggies.

Nov 29, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #5 of 185
Haha I recently tried curry ramen from a korean company. It was decent, but I like normal spicy better. I usually add an egg in it so it doesnt taste so spicy.

Nov 29, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #11 of 185
Mr. Kon beef ramen is probably one of the best instant ramen. Its rather hard to find in the smaller asian groceries as it always sells out
biggrin.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #13 of 185
Top Ramen with cubed pork, soy sauce and wasabi paste.

Nov 29, 2007 at 3:12 PM Post #15 of 185
I'm always a big fan or Ramen. I lived on it for probably three to four months after I was married.

Personally, while I enjoy the everyday maruchan, I do really love more home-made ramen, similar to the same that is loved by the anime character Naruto. All the wonderful goodies found within the bowl are indeed delicious.

At home it's usually frozen peas, frozen carrots, an egg, chunks of chicken, chicken broth (not the packet), a little soy sauce, a touch of curry powder, and sometimes takoyaki sauce. EDIT: Oh, and fresh ginger can often add a little zing!

It made for a delicious and full meal. However, since my wife is on a diet...I never get to eat it.

Nylan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back