Ramen-Fi!
Oct 3, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #181 of 185
I don't know how many of you have access to this, but my all-time favorite is the Wai Wai Tom Klong:

I'm no expert, and I've never tasted this flavor in a non-ramen setup, but a very short description: Tom Klong is a spicy & sour flavor where the sour component is provided by tamarind instead of lemon, and includes dried,salted fish.

Remember to get the cup version as it packs more "stuff" than the pack version. The pack has zero fish and very little vegetables.
Nice that ramen is based if a sour spicy soup in thailand. It’s not as popular as Tom yum but it’s definitely very good and very sour ^^

Mar 19, 2021 at 1:41 AM Post #182 of 185
Of course I love ramen like everybody.........BUT....

I recently discovered a Vietnamese version of chicken noodle soup and it was outstanding. I like it with egg noodles if they offer that option in a restaurant. The downside is that finding a good version is not easy but if you can find a good version, it’s wonderful.

I also discovered in Chinatown a Cantonese version of duck noodle soup. This is especially wonderful on a cold winter night. Imagine walking through Chinatown on a cold January night and having this lovely warming noodle soup. Such a joy. In my opinion this is one of the greatest dishes of all time.....but you have to like duck in order to appreciate it.

May 23, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #183 of 185
While we’re on the topic of noodle soups, I recently discovered a Vietnamese noodle soup called Bun Bo Hue.

This is different from Pho (Pho is the most popular Vietnamese noodle soup). This alternative is flavored with lemon grass and other things so it kind of has a somewhat citrus like flavor.

If you’re a frequent Pho eater and after a while you want a change of pace, I recommend that you try this alternative dish. And if you don’t like it, try it at another Vietnamese place. It may grow on you. I think it’s pretty good.

Lastly, I’m not an expert on Vietnamese food since I did not eat it growing up but I do frequently pop in those restaurants alone and there are so many Vietnamese restaurants now in America.

F1B18835-157A-43E0-A132-2A845A92FA55.jpeg

Last edited:
May 24, 2021 at 7:42 PM Post #184 of 185
Ginger scallion sesame ramen (Ocean's Halo) garnished with cilantro and crushed red pepper with an onion/cucumber salad on the side. Hers was with miso-marinated salmon and I had Quorn because I don't eat meat. And Sriracha.

ktw4GcQ.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back