R5, a new Android DAP by Hiby
Oct 14, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #4,341 of 4,421
In Developer options in Android if I change Bluetooth Audio Codec ( to aptx hd for example) ,the settings are not savet and turned back to default. How to fix this ?
That's probably because the Bluetooth device you're paired with doesn't actually support aptX HD.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Oct 18, 2022 at 3:22 AM Post #4,343 of 4,421
Oct 24, 2022 at 12:39 AM Post #4,345 of 4,421
I'm having an issue with my R5 I hope y'all can help me figure out.
I've been able to connect to the wifi hotspot on my phones to run Spotify. Unfortunately it suddenly started having an issue where it's connected to wifi but when I try to play Spotify it says that I have no internet connection.
Has anyone had this issue, where you are clearly connected but for some reason the app doesn't recognize it?
Thanks for any help anyone could provide. I use my R5 with My Beyerdynamic T 1.3 and it is such a good match it almost makes hooking the headphones up to my Ifi Zen can Signature pointless.

Oct 24, 2022 at 5:22 AM Post #4,346 of 4,421
I've been able to connect to the wifi hotspot on my phones to run Spotify. Unfortunately it suddenly started having an issue where it's connected to wifi but when I try to play Spotify it says that I have no internet connection.
Has anyone had this issue, where you are clearly connected but for some reason the app doesn't recognize it?
Thanks for any help anyone could provide. I use my R5 with My Beyerdynamic T 1.3 and it is such a good match it almost makes hooking the headphones up to my Ifi Zen can Signature pointless.
Are you sure you are actually connected to the internet? Try loading a website and check the connection speed. I find R5’s WiFi connectivity generally poor.

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #4,347 of 4,421
Are you sure you are actually connected to the internet? Try loading a website and check the connection speed. I find R5’s WiFi connectivity generally poor.
Yeah, it's connected. It's getting a 5g signal from a phone it is literally sitting next to. It's not the fastest connection, but it is connected.

Oct 26, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #4,348 of 4,421
I fixed the connectivity issue. I updated the firmware, problem solved.

Oct 27, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #4,350 of 4,421
Hi all, I have a question

Is hiby r5 better when compared to dongles like paw s2,RU-6,W2 or ua5?
It depends what headphones/IEMs you are using. The R5 is more powerful than the dongles, but if your headphones are easy to drive, you may not need all that power. I like the R5’s sound but if you are streaming, it’s really crippled by its poor WiFi connectivity, which is somehow worse now than when I got it (on the same network). It’s also not the most responsive of interfaces with a very outdated processor. On the flip side, the dongles will deplete your phone’s battery and if you are using an iPhone the connection to the phone can be an issue. Of the dongles you mention, I have the W2, which I think sounds just terrific, but again the power is limited by what the phone it’s connected to can provide. For power requirements of different headphones, see e.g. http://www.digizoid.com/headphones-power.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back