Questyle QP1
Dec 5, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #2,762 of 4,272
I've noticed the battery indicator as well when I first got the player. But I am consistently getting close to 10 hours using flac and hirez flac only, so I'm not really watching the indicator at this point anymore. I think 10 hours for a class A amp is quite reasonable in my opinion. I don't know if it matters, and I haven't really played around to see if it fluctuates using different gain settings or different headphones. I have settled on keeping it at Medium gain, using OPPO PM-3's, Grado PS-500's and Westone W-60's.

I have had this Dap for about 7 weeks now, and couldn't be happier!

Happy consumer here!

David

Dec 5, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #2,763 of 4,272
I can not get my QP1R to random play my whole library. It will random play one CD folder but not all of the whole library . Any thoughts?

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:43 PM Post #2,766 of 4,272
  Guess you could say they hold their value pretty well!! :wink:

We are aware of these guys and they have been reported. They are also using portions of our website that holds a copyright, without our knowledge or permission!  

That's great to hear Bruce. They're trying to rob potential customers! SMH 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 5, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #2,767 of 4,272
  Guess you could say they hold their value pretty well!! :wink:

We are aware of these guys and they have been reported. They are also using portions of our website that holds a copyright, without our knowledge or permission!  

Awesome Bruce, I hope you take them down, happy holidays to you also.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:05 AM Post #2,768 of 4,272
Anyone did any comparison between AK 100ii and QP1R before? Just wanted to know if they sound similar, pros and cons, etc? Just received an email from Alden (Questyle) pointing me to the distributor in Singapore. Will go down and audition this week. And no, I did not go through the 185 pages above :sweat_smile:

Thanks.

Dec 6, 2015 at 6:31 AM Post #2,769 of 4,272
Anyone did any comparison between AK 100ii and QP1R before? Just wanted to know if they sound similar, pros and cons, etc? Just received an email from Alden (Questyle) pointing me to the distributor in Singapore. Will go down and audition this week. And no, I did not go through the 185 pages above :sweat_smile:

Thanks.

You could test out since just next door. Rather than based on impressions, you could make own judgement by trying both, just my 2 cents.

Dec 6, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #2,770 of 4,272
You could test out since just next door. Rather than based on impressions, you could make own judgement by trying both, just my 2 cents.

Certainly will test them out but am sure most of us rely on some forms of experts input before the test as we might missed out things limited by our own experience. Anyway, thanks. :thumbsup_tone1:

Dec 6, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #2,771 of 4,272
Certainly will test them out but am sure most of us rely on some forms of experts input before the test as we might missed out things limited by our own experience. Anyway, thanks. :thumbsup_tone1:

Sound wise, QP1R is on another league. I am not good in explaining, just like it more than AK.

It is up to personal preference in term of UI, few complained about scroll wheel, maybe pain in the ass for some. Easy break fix by having a screen protector over it. And we could navigate with capacitive buttons.

Not sure if you plan to use with headphone or just iem, QP1R has the power to drive most headphones out there. 

If you do plan to use DAP as USB DAC for home use, then your choice would be AK since QP1R can't do it. 

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #2,774 of 4,272
  HI,

is there any stick wheels available for more grip ?

thanks.

Previously listed on this forum there is mention of using an iPod protective skin, just the portion for the scroll wheel .. get it on ebay for a few bucks ... I haven't done it myself but others have ...

I would think a small piece of black electrical tape and a hole pouch would be good as well in making little dots to place on the wheel

Dec 7, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #2,775 of 4,272
  Previously listed on this forum there is mention of using an iPod protective skin, just the portion for the scroll wheel .. get it on ebay for a few bucks ... I haven't done it myself but others have ...

I would think a small piece of black electrical tape and a hole pouch would be good as well in making little dots to place on the wheel

I would advise against using electrical tape on the wheel/center button of the QP1R because it will create sticky residue that may be very difficult to come off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back