Questyle QP1
Dec 3, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #2,731 of 4,272
I have often told people on the phone, through email and even here on Head-Fi that have asked me to describe the sound of the QP1R,  time and time again, for me personally, "It's like I'm listening to my music collection for the first time.......again!!" Seems to be a reoccurring theme!! Perhaps I should use it in our next advertisement!!!

Dec 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #2,733 of 4,272

Silver QP1R for me.

I currently have a Noble N4 as my 'senior' go-to iem, but have aspired to the K10U (especially in it's new aluminium livery) since hearing it - first on the UK demo tour & most recently at the UK CanJam event. I'm slowly becoming aware of similar competitors - so the Apollo X (& Rhapsodio Solar) also have my attention. 

Nice color choice (both are great).

The Apollo X is a unique sounding IEM, and some may absolutely adore the sound it produces.  I personally enjoy the 8 driver model Athena VIII and higher driver model Zeus XIV more, since they are both more akin to the house Empire Ears sound that I have been accustomed to with regards to my Supra and Legend Omega.

Dec 3, 2015 at 5:42 PM Post #2,734 of 4,272
  I have often told people on the phone, through email and even here on Head-Fi that have asked me to describe the sound of the QP1R,  time and time again, for me personally, "It's like I'm listening to my music collection for the first time.......again!!" Seems to be a reoccurring theme!! Perhaps I should use it in our next advertisement!!!

That's funny you say that that's what I tell my wife you gotta hear this your listening to this song for the first time.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #2,735 of 4,272
Bart,

There is nothing wrong with the people in this thread. You come into a thread and trash a good device that you don't even own. Matter of fact, I looked up your posts in other threads that you posted in, and it appears you are condescending in those as well. According to your profile you own a Sony product. Why worry about other devices and talk trash about them if you have never owned it to begin with.

Bruce came in here a while back and personally told you that if you weren't satisfied with their product, then send it back for a full refund. Then you had the audacity in saying the companys representative was being snappy to you. Really!

You might want to go back and reread some of your post. You even went into other threads of other DAP's and trashed the Questyle. Again, really!

Just what is your purpose in even posting here in the first place if you don't have something to contribute here other than negativity?

I don't know about the country you live in, but here in the USA, in a forum like this, its called a troll!

I sincerely hope you do not buy this device! There are others here that are tickled pink to be an owner of this fine DAP, and have nothing but good things to say about it!

And you talk about a firmware update, for what, I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have in my hand right now, especially with what I have invested in it.

David

Ok, I have noted yours, however:

1) It is not clear to me why I have to own a product to mention some shortcomings. That's why you try a device before you buy it. And I am lucky to have some stores around who
    have demo units and let people try them as long as they want. Or are only the exclusive members of actual owners-club entitled to say something about it? In that case please suggest to the       admins that people are only entitled to post in threads after they have submitted proof of purchase.
2) I am not flaming just negativity. I clearly stated several times that the SQ of the device is outstanding.
3) What is the problem to address some shortcomings in the UI? Nearly all DAPs have issues, and usually people and makers know it and admit it and are cool about it.
    Here it is asked to ban people from the thread who do not consider the QP1R as the perfect thing (yet)
4) It is a common issue of (self-declared) audiophiles that they are willing to let go on anything as long as the things sounds good. The same people would never 
    pay 50,000 bucks for a car without wheels and light only because the engine is good.
5) How come that device owners perceive some constructive criticism towards the device as personal insult? Seriously, relax! Barely noted this behaviour in other DAP threads. (well, maybe in       the Tera player thread...)
6) Yes, they offered a refund. Although it was not meant seriously and indeed very snappy as you should hve noted by the tone in which this "offer"  was written.
7) Obviously, improvements are on the way. They are adressing the scrollwheel. Good step forward.
8) Battery life is accepted. 
9) Most issues can be addressed with easy firmware updates. The fact that you deny that these are necessary is your personal opinion. However, it is simply not true in terms
    of usability. And there is nothing wrong to admit this. 
10) Unfortunately I noticed that maker's rep gave you reputation for your post which then again implies a lack of professionalism on their side.

Dec 3, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,737 of 4,272

When I read this post then I think I read about the same issues that Bart mentioned and why he doesn't want to buy it unless they (or most of them) are fixed. OK, he doesn't have the QP1R yet (neither do I). But why ask for a ban when you can also send The Knights who say NI upon him
biggrin.gif

giphy.gif

Unsubbed for now and cheers to ya all...

Just suggestions for improving future models ...

Like a slide on back panel battery pack... That the consumer would want to purchase a few extra ones ... Making more money for the company

That's an issue that gnaws at me since I got my first IPod 80G: to the 160G, X5I and finally to the 1R.  I just don't relish the thought of sending any of my devices across the ocean to do what I could do in 30 seconds, i.e., change a battery.  Supposes it comes with the teritory, but...
Still loving the ol'cupey.

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:12 PM Post #2,739 of 4,272
Dec 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #2,740 of 4,272
I owned the Dunu DN2000J for about 6 weeks. I had to return them due to a build quality issue on my set. I did like them but this put me off swapping them for the same again so I ended trading up to Dita the answer which are superb and I still own. I was also using my iPhone until I purchased my QP1R. The iPhone is good for audio and paired well with the Dunu's, however the QP1R is a totally different animal and the SQ is in s totally different league. As a result I would struggle to tell you when I last listened to music on my iPhone. I would definitely recommend upgrading you Dunu's, however to what can depend on many things. Hope this helps

so you upgraded cause of built issue but there is a big difference in SQ between dn2000j and Dita Answer with your qp1r ?

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #2,741 of 4,272
Bart,

First of all, just having a company representative reading a forum like this, let along answering questions, speaks volumes for their product.
Show me another thread in this Head-Fi Forum for AK, Fiio, Onkyo/Pioneer, Cowon or Sony etc..  where the actual company rep has personally wrote you back and answered your questions.

I read where the rep offered you your money back, and I have no doubt he was serious about the company's customer support, especially if you were that unhappy with their product.  It would be to their best interest to satisfy you and keep you from talking trash about their product. You are preventing others that might have a keen interest in this product to go elsewhere. And bottom line, it's just your option.

I don't read where he shouldn't be taken seriously or was even snappy with you, especially with what you said. Remember, this is a forum and its hard to show emotions when typing and things can be easily taken out of context.  But you did go into other forums and wrote about it!

There is no perfect player out there that I know of. This is Queststyle's first attempt to enter the portable DAP field and I think for the money you couldn't ask for a better product, especially at this price point.

I did a lot of research before I bought into a player. I looked at the AK 240, 380, Fiio and a lot of others out there at the time. I ended up settling on this player as my chose. I can easily afford the AK 380 or any other one of the more expensive players out there, but I chose this one because of the sound and build quality. You can go on any other manufactures threads here and find short coming on all of them, and especially the user interface. And as far as a 5800 song limit, for me it's non-existent because I browse by files only. 

And I do read all of the manufactures forums here. For that fact I was heavily into Cowon for the last 8 years and almost bought the Plenue P1. All of these are pretty much at the same price point but I wanted the best sounding, stand alone unit today without using a separate amp. And to me this is it. YMMV!!

Look at my profile at the stereo equipment that I own, and that's just in one room. I take music reproduction and sound seriously, and I think my equipment shows it. I am also a guitarist and have a knowledge of the recording industry in my past life.  

I think what you should do is wait till 2020, then we will have advanced enough to what you probably want today. In the mean time I will enjoy what I have today! 

Happy Listening!!!

David

With that being said, I'm off to another forum and will tell them all the short comings of their units. Even though I don't actually own it.  LOL!!!

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #2,742 of 4,272

Ok, I have noted yours, however:

1) It is not clear to me why I have to own a product to mention some shortcomings. That's why you try a device before you buy it. And I am lucky to have some stores around who
    have demo units and let people try them as long as they want. Or are only the exclusive members of actual owners-club entitled to say something about it? In that case please suggest to the       admins that people are only entitled to post in threads after they have submitted proof of purchase.
2) I am not flaming just negativity. I clearly stated several times that the SQ of the device is outstanding.
3) What is the problem to address some shortcomings in the UI? Nearly all DAPs have issues, and usually people and makers know it and admit it and are cool about it.
    Here it is asked to ban people from the thread who do not consider the QP1R as the perfect thing (yet)
4) It is a common issue of (self-declared) audiophiles that they are willing to let go on anything as long as the things sounds good. The same people would never 
    pay 50,000 bucks for a car without wheels and light only because the engine is good.
5) How come that device owners perceive some constructive criticism towards the device as personal insult? Seriously, relax! Barely noted this behaviour in other DAP threads. (well, maybe in       the Tera player thread...)
6) Yes, they offered a refund. Although it was not meant seriously and indeed very snappy as you should hve noted by the tone in which this "offer"  was written.
7) Obviously, improvements are on the way. They are adressing the scrollwheel. Good step forward.
8) Battery life is accepted. 
9) Most issues can be addressed with easy firmware updates. The fact that you deny that these are necessary is your personal opinion. However, it is simply not true in terms
    of usability. And there is nothing wrong to admit this. 
10) Unfortunately I noticed that maker's rep gave you reputation for your post which then again implies a lack of professionalism on their side.

I would never wish that someone be banned from a forum. Do they do that on Head-Fi ? I think you are bad mouthing rather than giving constructive criticism . That might be the way I'm taking it and not your intent I don't know. I don't understand why you would continue to post on a product that you think is so sub par. Are there flaws in the product Yes. Please tell me the one that is perfect and sounds this good and I will buy it right now? I'm not meaning a personal insult just don't understand why you want to continue to comment on something you don't want to buy or own because it is this bad. I don't know about the reputation thing I gave them a bunch a crap about the wheel and they didn't want to ban me. You are free to say what you want I just understand why you continue to care?

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:49 PM Post #2,743 of 4,272
I don't own the QP1 or QP1R either, yet I have given both positive results. I guess my opinion should also be ignored since I don't own either of them. I didnt even spend as much time with them that should be considered long enough to fully evaluate them. But hey, since I didn't say anything negative, I get a pass. Quit worrying about owning them, people have access to audition them, that can be good enough if they spend a good amount of time.

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #2,744 of 4,272
  I don't own the QP1 or QP1R either, yet I have given both positive results. I guess my opinion should also be ignored since I don't own either of them. I didnt even spend as much time with them that should be considered long enough to fully evaluate them. But hey, since I didn't say anything negative, I get a pass. Quit worrying about owning them, people have access to audition them, that can be good enough if they spend a good amount of time.

Everyone's complaints about BartSimpson1976's comments have to be taken in context. The difference between you and BartSimpson1976 is that you haven't done the following: 

- Posted 59 out of 283 (over 20%) of your total posts in the QP1 thread; 
- Started complaining about the DAP nearly 4 months ago, well before its official release (first complaint post, 8/7/2015); 
- Out of the 59 posts on the thread, spent 51 of them complaining about: the DAP's user interface, song limit, display, in-store availability, international distribution, packaging, presentation, local pricing, aftermarket case availability, color of the aftermarket cases, the DAP's battery life, a single anecdotal account of a hiss, Questyle's marketing materials, and the professionalism of their representatives; 
- Written various levels of defensive posts in response to five other members (jk47, Moedawg140, xEcuToR, UELong, djohnson013); 

I purchased this DAP from a friend yesterday (after spending some time with it at the Tweak Audio Chicago meet and liking the sound). In preparation for its arrival, I decided to read the thread. The whole thread. All 183 pages of it in one go. 

After reading through this thread, I have to say that Questyle has far more patience than I would have in the same circumstances. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #2,745 of 4,272

I don't think anyone should be ignored. Just why if you don't like a product why continue to say how much you think it is so inferior that you continue to say it. Say it and move on. I don't get it. Why you got a pass is 99 out of 100 love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back