Questyle QP1
Dec 3, 2015 at 8:45 AM Post #2,717 of 4,272

Happy to help!

What color QP1R are you going for, and which Empire Ears model(s) were you looking at?

Silver QP1R for me.

I currently have a Noble N4 as my 'senior' go-to iem, but have aspired to the K10U (especially in it's new aluminium livery) since hearing it - first on the UK demo tour & most recently at the UK CanJam event. I'm slowly becoming aware of similar competitors - so the Apollo X (& Rhapsodio Solar) also have my attention. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #2,718 of 4,272

Silver QP1R for me.

I currently have a Noble N4 as my 'senior' go-to iem, but have aspired to the K10U (especially in it's new aluminium livery) since hearing it - first on the UK demo tour & most recently at the UK CanJam event. I'm slowly becoming aware of similar competitors - so the Apollo X (& Rhapsodio Solar) also have my attention. 

Good stuff. I myself am thinking about getting the Noble 4S, but at the moment I am quite happy with the Earsonics Velvet. Also use the Ocharaku Nami for home and office use, the most widest and detailed sounding IEM I've ever used. But the Sony MDR CD-3000 is the best sounding headphone (Also including IEMs) out of my rig, with the QP1R. 

Dec 3, 2015 at 8:58 AM Post #2,719 of 4,272
Bart,

There is nothing wrong with the people in this thread. You come into a thread and trash a good device that you don't even own. Matter of fact, I looked up your posts in other threads that you posted in, and it appears you are condescending in those as well. According to your profile you own a Sony product. Why worry about other devices and talk trash about them if you have never owned it to begin with.

Bruce came in here a while back and personally told you that if you weren't satisfied with their product, then send it back for a full refund. Then you had the audacity in saying the companys representative was being snappy to you. Really!

You might want to go back and reread some of your post. You even went into other threads of other DAP's and trashed the Questyle. Again, really!

Just what is your purpose in even posting here in the first place if you don't have something to contribute here other than negativity?

I don't know about the country you live in, but here in the USA, in a forum like this, its called a troll!

I sincerely hope you do not buy this device! There are others here that are tickled pink to be an owner of this fine DAP, and have nothing but good things to say about it!

And you talk about a firmware update, for what, I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have in my hand right now, especially with what I have invested in it.

David

Dec 3, 2015 at 9:42 AM Post #2,722 of 4,272
So I was wondering how the QP1 vs QP1R in SQ? I would love to upgrade a bit but not sure I could swing for the Reference version!

The R version does sound better, cleaner and more detail. Its not night and day, its subtle but there. If you want the best they have, right now its the QP1R.

Dec 3, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #2,723 of 4,272
Bart,

There is nothing wrong with the people in this thread. You come into a thread and trash a good device that you don't even own. Matter of fact, I looked up your posts in other threads that you posted in, and it appears you are condescending in those as well. According to your profile you own a Sony product. Why worry about other devices and talk trash about them if you have never owned it to begin with.

Bruce came in here a while back and personally told you that if you weren't satisfied with their product, then send it back for a full refund. Then you had the audacity in saying the companys representative was being snappy to you. Really!

You might want to go back and reread some of your post. You even went into other threads of other DAP's and trashed the Questyle. Again, really!

Just what is your purpose in even posting here in the first place if you don't have something to contribute here other than negativity?

I don't know about the country you live in, but here in the USA, in a forum like this, its called a troll!

I sincerely hope you do not buy this device! There are others here that are tickled pink to be an owner of this fine DAP, and have nothing but good things to say about it!

And you talk about a firmware update, for what, I'm perfectly satisfied with what I have in my hand right now, especially with what I have invested in it.

David

+1. This Bart guy should be banned from this thread. Doesn't even own a QP1R. 
frown.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #2,724 of 4,272
  I love the sound and all ...

I am a bit cranky this morning ... so I'm going to gripe about a great great product

Biggest Issues

a) Battery Life
b) Firmware Library Song Limit 5800  ... they will have this fixed soon ... so no real worries at all
c) Wheel just needed a bit of texture ...too smooth.. again I can live with with things ... no sweat at all
d) Power Switch should be on the top .... again ... doesn't really matter .. just what I would have wanted more
e) Switch Order of headphone & line out jacks ....again as the above  .. just what I would have wanted more

OK ... Time for some coffee before a meeting with my boss  (prick) ... oh **** that slipped out ... Darn and my annual review period is starting

When I read this post then I think I read about the same issues that Bart mentioned and why he doesn't want to buy it unless they (or most of them) are fixed. OK, he doesn't have the QP1R yet (neither do I). But why ask for a ban when you can also send The Knights who say NI upon him
biggrin.gif

giphy.gif

Unsubbed for now and cheers to ya all...

Dec 3, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #2,725 of 4,272
hi, 

I have Dunu dn2kj listening with my phone, i want to upgrade with a dap and QP1R look amazing but are my iem good enough or i must upgrade them too? (coz i really like them).

Thanks.

I owned the Dunu DN2000J for about 6 weeks. I had to return them due to a build quality issue on my set. I did like them but this put me off swapping them for the same again so I ended trading up to Dita the answer which are superb and I still own. I was also using my iPhone until I purchased my QP1R. The iPhone is good for audio and paired well with the Dunu's, however the QP1R is a totally different animal and the SQ is in s totally different league. As a result I would struggle to tell you when I last listened to music on my iPhone. I would definitely recommend upgrading you Dunu's, however to what can depend on many things. Hope this helps

Dec 3, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #2,728 of 4,272
Using shure 846. With my Qp1r. Somtimes i do a quick look around to see where that horn, or drum beat is coming from. The SQ. Is that life like. If that makes any sence? If you are looking to redicover music the way it was intened to be heard. The Qp1r. Is your ticket to sonic bliss! Just my 2.pennys. makes me want a gold one too.

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #2,729 of 4,272
Using shure 846. With my Qp1r. Somtimes i do a quick look around to see where that horn, or drum beat is coming from. The SQ. Is that life like. If that makes any sence? If you are looking to redicover music the way it was intened to be heard. The Qp1r. Is your ticket to sonic bliss! Just my 2.pennys. makes me want a gold one too.

I have the gold one. The QP1R is definitely an awesome DAC. I've owned a few DACs but none have sounded quite like this. It's kinda hard to describe. Sonic "bliss" will do I guess. I just know I'm rediscovering my music collection all over again...ripping everything to FLAC and ALAC so my HDD space is ever decreasing! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM Post #2,730 of 4,272
When I read this post then I think I read about the same issues that Bart mentioned and why he doesn't want to buy it unless they (or most of them) are fixed. OK, he doesn't have the QP1R yet (neither do I). But why ask for a ban when you can also send The Knights who say NI upon him :D

giphy.gif

Unsubbed for now and cheers to ya all...

Just suggestions for improving future models ...

Like a slide on back panel battery pack... That the consumer would want to purchase a few extra ones ... Making more money for the company

Users who are viewing this thread

Back