QQ/Complain thread. Complain about anything!!!
Feb 1, 2011 at 11:57 AM Post #167 of 5,627

Quote:
My gripe: Today I fell going down the stairs (missed a step and fell about 2-3 stairs). TOTALLY freaked my husband out (he practically vaulted down the steps when he heard me scream!), but I'm sure Baby is OK -- I caught myself. In the process, though I scratched up one hand, torqued one foot pretty bad, and bruised one shin and an elbow. :p

May we assume this misstep was caused by your temporary, but current inability to see your feet?
wink_face.gif

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #170 of 5,627
I just bought Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms on SACD and I swear to god that it's clipping on Walk of Life. What the absolute hell.

My friend is creating a website for his ICT coursework that works fine and looks great in Firefox, Chrome, Safari and even on an iPhone. In IE8 the whole thing just explodes. Sodding Microsoft.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:14 PM Post #172 of 5,627

Quote:
I feel so down and sleepy. im in lunch break, but if i dont get out of the lab I'm gonna fall asleep in a bucket of cuanide.
at least Opeth is helping me to keep it up.

cyanide? 

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #173 of 5,627
Well here in Quebec, if you want to have your driveway cleared of snow and associates, you need to pay (average) $300 CAD per winter (6 months) for two colored stakes bearing the name of the company, so when a storm (limit is 5cm) hits and the blowers go through, they'll clear your way.
Thing is, some of us would rather clear the driveways ourselves. We (household) has three pushers and sometimes it's even fun to clear snow. The not-so-fun part is when the city shovel-trucks come through to clear the road in front of the house. Then they'd just push all the snow into your (just cleared) driveway.
Little trick we've developed is to bribe the companies' blower drivers. Ten, maybe fifteen bucks a clear for an unpaid driveway.

Feb 1, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #175 of 5,627
 I haven't been well in days. I wake up hours later than normal, only to be greeted with a feeling of lethargy and general discontent. Could be the three servings of espresso I've recently begun injecting intravenously, could be the fact that I haven't been able to find work with a degree that's about as handy as reusable toilet paper. 

Feb 2, 2011 at 1:13 AM Post #176 of 5,627
I ended up trekking all the way to my university today, only to discover that all the evening classes were cancelled. Of course I had checked my e-mail right before I left and there had been nothing there about the cancellation. The U sent the message fifteen minutes after I had left. What a freakin' waste of time and energy.

Feb 2, 2011 at 2:49 AM Post #177 of 5,627
Yes thats seems pretty much equal to where i live. Havent tought of bribing the drivers though
biggrin.gif
The limit here is 10cm`s. pushers are not that popular at least in my neighborhood, more of them in more populated areas. And snow=fun, seriously no
blink.gif

Quote:
Well here in Quebec, if you want to have your driveway cleared of snow and associates, you need to pay (average) $300 CAD per winter (6 months) for two colored stakes bearing the name of the company, so when a storm (limit is 5cm) hits and the blowers go through, they'll clear your way.
Thing is, some of us would rather clear the driveways ourselves. We (household) has three pushers and sometimes it's even fun to clear snow. The not-so-fun part is when the city shovel-trucks come through to clear the road in front of the house. Then they'd just push all the snow into your (just cleared) driveway.
Little trick we've developed is to bribe the companies' blower drivers. Ten, maybe fifteen bucks a clear for an unpaid driveway.

Feb 2, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #178 of 5,627

Quote:

two stakes hmmm? would your neighbors mind if i...borrow these? 

Feb 2, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #180 of 5,627

Quote:
Quote:

two stakes hmmm? would your neighbors mind if i...borrow these? 
No as long as you put them back before it`s snowing again, 
tongue_smile.gif

Quote:
Im off to work and Im still asleep!! 
angry_face.gif

Well what can i say other than, WAKE UP MR FROGGER
deadhorse.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back