Post pics of your builds....
Jan 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM Post #4,141 of 9,811
Here is my wrinkle on the Millett Starving Student Hybrid. Sounds pretty darned good for $40 dollars in parts.
Now I want to build a Max or MiniMax.
Thanks Pete!

I have a blue diode to light up the window but I need an easy/cheap way to put a
design or logo in it.

dsc04023zu3.jpg

dsc04027aa8.jpg

dsc04042uv9.jpg

dsc04045ih2.jpg

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #4,147 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
mine? the gamma1 or the pimeta?

I can't complain about either. both are highly recommended, both for building and for using
wink.gif

Yes the gamma, im thinking about building one. Impressed?

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #4,149 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by V-DiV /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is my wrinkle on the Millett Starving Student Hybrid. Sounds pretty darned good for $40 dollars in parts.
Now I want to build a Max or MiniMax.
Thanks Pete!

I have a blue diode to light up the window but I need an easy/cheap way to put a
design or logo in it.

snip

I love that repurposed case. I like the way you laid out the heatsinks, tubes and power button and volume knob on it.

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #4,150 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by alwayshungry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love that repurposed case. I like the way you laid out the heatsinks, tubes and power button and volume knob on it.

Thanks. I wanted to do something fun with this. Standard cases are a little boring. I'm not smart enough with electronics to do anything creative with the circuit, but I can play around with the casework and layout.

Now what's next, hmmm? Maybe a Yu-Gi-Oh! MiniMax.

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #4,151 of 9,811
I decided to experiment with crossfeed, I found the circuit from build your own crossfeed 2
I wanted to make a simple inline crossfeed adapter so I didn't have to build it into an amp, it came out fairly small so I just used heat shrink to protect it.

I'm undecided about the effect, it changes some music more than other, it'll be a while before I can commit to using it full time but it's an interesting experiment.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:15 AM Post #4,152 of 9,811
Chuffed with the sound
biggrin.gif

would have been easy if I didn't make stupid mistakes
redface.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #4,154 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred_fred2004 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to experiment with crossfeed

I am allowing for the tangent pcb in many of my builds. a down side is that you need a lot more gain from the amp. but the crossfeed effect is worth having. note that its also worth being able to bypass/disable it. I use relays (of course)
wink.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #4,155 of 9,811
Quote:

Originally Posted by digger945 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^Chuffed eh.
Did you make the pcb yourself Fred?

Yes I use toner transfer for all the stuff I do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back