Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Jun 19, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #226 of 382
oh as a question has anyone tried pink noise on some world class cans like the ED9s or D5000 or even R10?

Jun 19, 2008 at 9:16 AM Post #227 of 382
I'm giving this pink noise stuff a try with my px100s
rolleyes.gif
, but the suggested benefits sound more like wishful thinking to me. If pink noise were such a big deal for headphones, wouldn't manufacturers of high end phones sell them already "optimized" by burning in?

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #228 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If pink noise were such a big deal for headphones, wouldn't manufacturers of high end phones sell them already "optimized" by burning in?

Not if they manufacture thousands of them everyday for selling them around 200$-1000$ and have the time and venture the money loss... They wouldn't bother taking care of each and every can.. But, many world class manufacturers do burn in for their high-quality speakers...

Jun 20, 2008 at 12:18 AM Post #229 of 382
okay i put about 40hrs of pink noise on my RP-HTX7's and i used burninwavegeneratore with the volume high and 10min sessions with 2min of rest and holy s**t! The detail and impact went through the roof. It has more snap and alot of detail now more than my technics i own. I actually thought that i blown them then i realized that the recording is bad (i can tell now). Also i noticed that my on board audio is clipping at higher volumes (it sucks that there more revealing now i have to upgrade my source). Its crazy pink noise made this much of a difference but the bass and highs and mids stayed the same basically the mids are just a tad more up front and they are alot more snappier. But the detail is new to me i like it much and i like the more open tone it gives. Believe it people burn in is very real but ymmv depending on the cans you use i guess the HTX7 just respond well to it idk.

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #230 of 382
What's the recommended amount of playing and resting?

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #231 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by | Scorpio | /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the recommended amount of playing and resting?

ive seen all kinds of number but generally short sessions with rest are best over all especially when starting out and you might damage the driver if you use a long session with rest but the more burn in you get the longer your sessions can be because the driver is already stretched and can go at higher volumes its a balance and i d say its different for every can

Jun 20, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #232 of 382
like 10min session with a 2min break the most ive heard was 20min with 2min rest some just leave it going 24/7

Jun 20, 2008 at 3:55 AM Post #233 of 382
I'm doing 15 minutes with a 2 minute break. I've had my headphones for a little over a month, so they're pretty broken in. I probably have like 20 hours or so on them, so they could use some more burn in.

Jun 20, 2008 at 4:49 AM Post #234 of 382
Here's what I did with the burn in, I downloaded the pink noise from Hilikus's link here and used itunes to play a play list consisting of 6 instances of the pink noise mp3 and then a 2 mins silence at the end of the playlist by simply adding any song to the list and use the get info>>options>> stop time at 2:00 and adjust the volume to -100%

You can add more pink noise or take them out in the play list to adjust the length
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2008 at 8:32 AM Post #235 of 382
I use the burn in wavegenerator with pink noise 30min/2min rest and as well as a constant .flac quality pink noise playing at the back thru winamp..

So far, the results are impressing for HD 555 after ~20 hours...

Jun 21, 2008 at 8:35 AM Post #236 of 382
I do these to double check that I have all the frequencies in pink noise (to give the frequencies that the biwavegenerator is missing, and vice versa by using 2 sources) ..

Jun 22, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #237 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do these to double check that I have all the frequencies in pink noise (to give the frequencies that the biwavegenerator is missing, and vice versa by using 2 sources) ..

Ive never thought of doing that but it sounds logical. Ill give it a shot tonight and nice method id say
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #238 of 382
i have my HTX7s burning in with pink noise on 3 sources the generator vlc and jetaudio all at the same time and the vlc and jetaudio are playing a FLAC encoded version

Jun 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM Post #239 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive never thought of doing that but it sounds logical. Ill give it a shot tonight and nice method id say
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks
wink.gif

I hope it'll work better with 3 sources, as you mention in the message below..

Jun 22, 2008 at 4:33 PM Post #240 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by metalears /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks
wink.gif

I hope it'll work better with 3 sources, as you mention in the message below..

After one night i feel like im on acid this can't be the same headphone someone switched it out! They have alot more impact than before even at lower volume im on a volume of 10 on my D2 (those who own one know this is low) and i feel the bass and the highs are more balanced....Im ganna try now with like 6 sources
tongue.gif

seriously this is a great way to burn in thanks for the idea metal ears!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back