Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Oct 20, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #196 of 382
ok, it's 4am here right now, so I'l have to do it tomorrow - it's around 50mb, so I'll put it up on rapidshare.

If you need it quicker, it only takes a few mins to download an old version of cooledit pro trial, and it's got a pink noise and silence generator already in.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2007 at 4:39 AM Post #197 of 382
Mike can u make it in flac/wav too ^_____^

But ya is there an easy way to make a track that is just silence? Then I could just use the 20 minutes of wav pink noise that I have and play the silence after pink noise and loop.

Oct 20, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #198 of 382
Binkster's Test CD. Look in particular at getting track 59, Digital Silence. I created one big track of 20 minutes pink noise, 2 minute silence, looped 3 times for a total of 66 minutes. Have that as a FLAC file and set it to play repeatedly. I play it for 5-6 hours at once then give the components (incl. headphones, amps and DAC) about an hour's break.

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:43 AM Post #199 of 382
When I was burning in my Grados, I tried most of the sites listed here, but just found some to be lacking, hard to navigate, or in the case of the last one posted, the DL didn't work. I ended up going with the link in my sig, since you can use test tones, sweeps, and either pink or white noise, with built-in silence periods whenever you want them (I was doing 58 mins of pink, 2 mins rest).

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #201 of 382
aright i'm gonna try that too. such a godsend since i just picked up my new phones this afternoon

Oct 20, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #202 of 382
i must say, that programme is excellent.

btw i wonder what pink noise audio file issit running, since the programme is only 40kb

Oct 20, 2007 at 2:57 PM Post #203 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1012007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What does the test tone do??

Also what does sweeps do.

Good programme i must say.

So easy to use

That's really what drew me to using it. Compared to a lot of the other stuff listed, it's just so easy to DL and work.

As far as test tones and sweeps- no idea. That's why I didn't bother touching them. I just did my hour cycle of pink noise, every once and a while doing white noise for an afternoon or so.

Oct 21, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #204 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by TDRKZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mike can u make it in flac/wav too ^_____^

But ya is there an easy way to make a track that is just silence? Then I could just use the 20 minutes of wav pink noise that I have and play the silence after pink noise and loop.

flacs a little too big for my connection.
frown.gif

a 320 mono mp3 shuold be good quality tho, here it is. 20secs of silence at the end.
smily_headphones1.gif

http://rapidshare.com/files/64194827/pinkkkk.7z.html

Oct 22, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #207 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Binkster's Test CD. Look in particular at getting track 59, Digital Silence. I created one big track of 20 minutes pink noise, 2 minute silence, looped 3 times for a total of 66 minutes. Have that as a FLAC file and set it to play repeatedly. I play it for 5-6 hours at once then give the components (incl. headphones, amps and DAC) about an hour's break.

I feel really stupid now for not noticing that -_-''' considering I got the pink noise from there. Hehe >_>

Thanks for the help

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #208 of 382
hi peeps, i read 2 cases of headphones losing their bass after burning in with 100+ hours of pink noise ! sounds scary man, do u all think its caused by e pink noise or a manufacturing defect? i got a new DT990 05 version. burning them in with normal music but contemplating to burn in with pink noise ... but im worried pink noise will take away too much bass !!

any advice or similar experience with loss of bass due to pink noise?

Feb 12, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #209 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by vinho83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi peeps, i read 2 cases of headphones losing their bass after burning in with 100+ hours of pink noise ! sounds scary man, do u all think its caused by e pink noise or a manufacturing defect? i got a new DT990 05 version. burning them in with normal music but contemplating to burn in with pink noise ... but im worried pink noise will take away too much bass !!

any advice or similar experience with loss of bass due to pink noise?

Any thoughts?

Feb 12, 2008 at 3:39 PM Post #210 of 382
My RS-1's bass become more prominent after 10 hours of high volume pink noise. How I see it, the drivers material will somewhat loosen up their stiffness. Difficult to imagine that this process will make the bass go away. Rather the opposite I would say.

But, I am not an audio engineer, just makes sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back