Pink noise works wonders for burning-in!
Jun 22, 2008 at 10:03 PM Post #241 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Libertad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
seriously this is a great way to burn in thanks for the idea metal ears!

No probs Libertad
wink.gif
I think the change is quite fast and impressive..
I'm really happy to hear that you could benefit from my idea too (besides me)
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #243 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
when using pink noise could I plug my headphones into my amp and burn in both at the same time? and what volume should pink noise be used at?

As long as audio is going through your headphones one way or the other it should be fine. Keep in mind "burn in" can be accomplished simply by normal listening as well. I usually set my volume one tick or so above my normal listening level.

Aug 4, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #244 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Room EQ Wizard has a built-in pink noise and sine wave generator: Room EQ Wizard Home Page

Thank you very much for posting this link. I am sure many members will find it very useful. I know that I will.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 4:31 AM Post #245 of 382
Well the HTX7s definitely clear up a good bit after that and loose all boomyness and now have tight bass. I did this by running pink noise off of 7 different media players at different timings and volumes all on repeat for about 2days straight. Unfortunately i destroyed the left driver using a low frequency sweep (1-20hz) so i guess time to try it on my RP-HJE300s (no low freq sweeps) and ill see what happens but the only gain with this method is tighter bass at least to my ear compared to the normal pink noised HTX7. Hope this helps cheers

BTW LOW FREQ SWEEPS ARE EVIL!!!!
frown.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 6:15 AM Post #247 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by EugeneK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so pink noise did in 12 hours what diana krall couldn't do in 120 for my K701s

It my very to your ears but most have found that burining in with pink noise to be faster and more effective than music. That aside its nice to know that you are enjoying your music have fun jammin out.

Aug 17, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #248 of 382
i use bink audio
Michael Knowles: Extras

Track58
Track59
Track56
Track59

or

Pink noise
digital silence
White noise
digital silence

I find that white noise really smoothes and brings out the highs on certain phones.. particularly those normally nasty and high-less marshmallows. to be honest i havne't really noticed any big differences with burnin on any of my other phones, although the dt880s were already burned in. ksc75s got a really tiny bit more bass (A/B'd from a brand new pair). But when they aren't on my head, why not burn-in? If I have free time to listen, I definitely play music through them, but when I leave the house, i just leave them in this loop because... what is there to lose?

Also, I remember reading something about burning in full sized open headphones and putting a cloth over them or in a clothes drawer under clothes and it being bad because the heat doesn't escape. Can't seem to find it anymore. Has anyone found a way to have L and R play 180 degrees out of phase to reduce noise?

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:38 AM Post #250 of 382
Download audacity as it can generate all types of noise including white, pink and dreaded brown. It also has tone generation. Oh and it's also handy for cleaning up bad recordings and altering all manner of sound related nuances.

And it Records too
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #251 of 382
I was reading this topic yesterday and decided to try pink noise as burn in method instead of the music I was using. My AKG K701 had already something like 250 hours and still sounding HARSH at middles and highs without any bass to the point I was becoming worried.

30 minutes playing pink noise while I was reading things about this method already gave me a MONSTROUS difference in quality: bass appeared, things got smoother and I was able to play it louder without any fatigue! It wasn't expected, really, so little time so huge change!

I left it playing overnight and haven't noticed any major improvement, maybe it is finally reaching its burn time.

Will try something like this with our other headphones and my father's speakers. It was really impressive! Thanks everyone for the info, really worth!
darthsmile.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #252 of 382
Ya dude, I was starting to get frustrated with my K701 too, but I didn't use pink-noise, I used a single from the Kodo Drummers of Japan and I bludgeoned those drivers with it. Not recommended, but that headphone needed some good medicine.
evil_smiley.gif
Fantastic headphone when it gets itself all together, though.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #253 of 382
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am nuts, I have left my hd280 for over 32 hours on pink noise.... non stop.

Trying them now on same samples again, and I think they sound a Lot better, .

If they a lot better ... you should know without have any doubth ... if you not sure because (you think), they probably just a bit better (a bit better, you not sure! ). :xf_cool:

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #254 of 382
Days on my head, nights on a drawer with pink noise. It's amazing how it does wonders. I didn't get satisfying results from continuous pink noise, but a lot better when I put a ten-second pause once in a while (was it every six minutes or so?) I'm not sure how that helps but it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back