Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Dec 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #993 of 37,668
If thats aimed at me, then funnily enough I was going to post on here asking what recommendations people have.

Its a bloody long chord and is a bit of a pain, but at the moment I'm simply rolling up part of it and pushing it in my pocket.

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #997 of 37,668
Here's mine.  Not so portable really, but easy to move around the house!

5th gen, RSA Blackbird, DT 1350, Triple pipe

Dec 28, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #998 of 37,668
The only thing you really get is a nicer screen. The Clip+ is 2-color (blue and black) and for the most part, only does text. The Zip is full color. Not much difference for just music playing. The Zip is also just slightly larger, which may or may not make a difference.

Ok I didn't know about the differences at all, and taking your advice I ordere the clip+ and 32gb mSDHC card yesterday. The screen and size don't really make much of a difference to me. Can't wait I receive then! I'll update here when I do

Dec 29, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #999 of 37,668
My second Crimbo Pressie arrived yesterday morning, Fiio E17.
Thought It was about time I broke into the £100 or above amp selection.
Ive seen a good handful of review vids and have read a ton of reviews also on this DAC/Amp so decided to give it a whirl.
The main reasons behind this one are I need a portable DAC for my iBook and I still wasnt quite happy with what I already had 
by means of Portable ampage. 
I couldnt afford a CLAS, HP-P1 or PHA-1 so this was my only solution, FOR NOW.

Very much impressed. I prefer the crisper highs and mids over the E11 and obviously the fact its perfect as a plug n play DAC that takes up no space at all.

I would say, My two GO-TO portable rigs at the moment are the HD25's with either the Sony Vaio Pocket or the iPhone 4s/E17 combo.

Cans - Sennheiser HD25 1 II Adidas Originals.
Amp - Fiio E17 Alpen.
LOD - EACE Silver Leopard.
Source - iPhone 4s running Equaliser Pro for FLAC playability.
             Sony Vaio Pocket.

I'll try to get some better pics of the Sony Vaio Pocket later on :)

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #1,001 of 37,668
Looking Good Louis! 
Transportable in a nice laptop bag is all you want imo! :)

Well, I had a play around with some more photo's and included my IE8's with Toxic Cables Silver Poison, UM1's and the Vaio Pocket.
I also added my fiance's little rig which she loves - iPod Classic 120gb > Fiio L9 LOD > Fiio E11 > SoundMagic MP21

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #1,002 of 37,668
Quote:
Looking Good Louis! 
Transportable in a nice laptop bag is all you want imo! :)

Well, I had a play around with some more photo's and included my IE8's with Toxic Cables Silver Poison, UM1's and the Vaio Pocket.
I also added my fiance's little rig which she loves - iPod Classic 120gb > Fiio L9 LOD > Fiio E11 > SoundMagic MP21

Paul, the SP's are looking good for your "On the go" kit!  

beerchug.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #1,003 of 37,668
Quote:
Paul, the SP's are looking good for your "On the go" kit!  

beerchug.gif

Yeh I can't big them up enough to be fair.
Its easily the best cable in my collection yet :)
Frank's work is Exceptional and the sound is second to none.
I know there are a lot of Nay sayers but I know my ears and I know The Silver Poison has made a 
beautiful set of Iem's sound even more fantastic. :)

This is why Ive asked Frank to make a similar cable up for me specifically for my HD25's...

Dec 29, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #1,004 of 37,668
After departing with my M80's (moved on to over-ears) and my fiasco with the Custom One Pro (came with one bad driver and worst customer service) this is my current rig.

Honestly for $25, I am very impressed with these headphones. Did the tape mod and they sound even better. This setup will hold me off until funds are available for the M100 or any other worthy contender.

From the v modas?? What caused the jump? Ill trade you my m50's for em if you want circumaural :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back