Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 11, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #9,436 of 37,711
This is my only rig now currently.
We're in the middle of moving so the rest of my gear is all in boxes at the new flat.

Rockbox'd iPod 5.5G.
Mundorf Gold Single Ended LOD.
iBasso Pelican PB2 Balanced Amp.
Full Balanced White Widow by Toxic Cables.
Sennheiser Amperior.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #9,439 of 37,711
THIS! One of the only real portable rig in this thread. Others were more like transportable xD

Congratulation on your new rig, Rudi! xD It seems like you get a new toy every month!!! I'm jelly~

This rig has to be up there for portability, it sounds pretty good too, It holds 4000 songs all of which are 400kbps aac cbr files I converted from my lossless collection (probably the best quality lossy files possible)

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #9,440 of 37,711

This rig has to be up there for portability, it sounds pretty good too, It holds 4000 songs all of which are 400kbps aac cbr files I converted from my lossless collection (probably the best quality lossy files possible)

I agree on the aac, I use true 320 vbr (I see songs go up to 380) and it sound really good for compressed. I can't hear problems

Jan 11, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #9,442 of 37,711
Want a portable? No satchel required.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #9,446 of 37,711
So I brought my rig along with me today... I forgot to bring my LOD... *Poker face*

Man we have all been there!  
tongue.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #9,447 of 37,711
Simple on the go audiophile portable set up

Source : iPhone 5 s in Gold Color
Dac / Amp : Cypher Labs Theorem 720 on Copper color
Headphone : Ultrasone ED 8 Ruthenium with whiplash twag twcu hybrid cable v2 balance RSA
Cable : mini USB to lightning stock from Theorem
Music Player : Onkyo HF Player can make your IDevice sound quality much better than iTunes Player
Fuller sound , better clarity , better and sweet mid , better bass detail and impact

Sound Quality : simplicity the best SQ for portable set up for on the go

IMO

Jan 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #9,448 of 37,711
Simple on the go audiophile portable set up

Source : iPhone 5 s in Gold Color
Dac / Amp : Cypher Labs Theorem 720 on Copper color
Headphone : Ultrasone ED 8 Ruthenium with whiplash twag twcu hybrid cable v2 balance RSA
Cable : mini USB to lightning stock from Theorem
Music Player : Onkyo HF Player can make your IDevice sound quality much better than iTunes Player
Fuller sound , better clarity , better and sweet mid , better bass detail and impact

Sound Quality : simplicity the best SQ for portable set up for on the go

IMO

...or most any Android phone in place of the iPhone, 24-bit audio via UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back