Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 10, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #9,406 of 37,701
Very portable Mimouille I like it..

No-one would rob you carrying a black match box, some fishing line and two clumps of grey clay either. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 10, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #9,409 of 37,701
  Full cans are gonna be heavy walking around with man. You would probably want to take weight and comfort into consideration with your choices. 

yeah thats the reason I'm leaning towards the Fostex cans versus the LCD-XC's. The XC's are beautiful but at 640 or so grams that would be a bit heavy.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #9,411 of 37,701
Picked up a used set of HD595's to have a decent-but-not-too-expensive set of open cans for use around the house. I need to be able to hear my kids, so my CIEMs are out of the question. Reterminated them to 4-pin mini-xlr and made adapters for 3.5mm TRS as well as Hirose. Properly amped, they sure sound a lot better that the price would indicate 
happy_face1.gif

They'll only see 1-2 hours of head time a week and they sound awesome, so I really have to fight the urge to upgrade to the HD650 like I did the last time I had these...

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #9,413 of 37,701
Out the box Cypher labs Duet balance amp

Out the box

Source : iPhone 5 s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class -DB 2.00 VRms version
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet balance amp
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 3

Sound quality : I am surprised with this combo , there is so good

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #9,414 of 37,701
  Picked up a used set of HD595's to have a decent-but-not-too-expensive set of open cans for use around the house. I need to be able to hear my kids, so my CIEMs are out of the question. Reterminated them to 4-pin mini-xlr and made adapters for 3.5mm TRS as well as Hirose. Properly amped, they sure sound a lot better that the price would indicate 
happy_face1.gif

They'll only see 1-2 hours of head time a week and they sound awesome, so I really have to fight the urge to upgrade to the HD650 like I did the last time I had these...

Congrats on your purchase Sennheiser! 

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #9,415 of 37,701
  Very portable Mimouille I like it..

No-one would rob you carrying a black match box, some fishing line and two clumps of grey clay either. 
wink_face.gif

etysmile.gif
  Good one!  I'd still love to have that setup though!

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #9,418 of 37,701
Out the box Cypher labs Duet balance amp

Out the box

Source : iPhone 5 s
Dac : Cypher Labs Class -DB 2.00 VRms version
Amp : Cypher Labs Duet balance amp
Headphone : LCD 2 rev 3

Sound quality : I am surprised with this combo , there is so good

this thing is nice but without a 'charge - battery' switch (to stop charging the connected dev) is a no go for me

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #9,419 of 37,701
I love or like the SQ from my Theorem in copper finish better than the black finish
I will inform you later on after burn in
Interesting, would like to know the different since I making my on chassis for the amp, maybe should try brass but definitely havier.

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #9,420 of 37,701
I love or like the SQ from my Theorem in copper finish better than the black finish
I will inform you later on after burn in

Rudi.....more new toys! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Waiting for your results....
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back