Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jan 9, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #9,391 of 37,711
So, you're going to have 2 Theorems?

We will call him "The Mathematician". He who has two Theorems in his name.

Rumour has it, he has names for both of his Theorems, and they are: Pythagoras and Fermat.

Hi all

Thank you for the names for my Theorem Pythagoras and Archimedes is better than Fermat :D

I bought Theorem in copper finish , because I wish with different casing material can have better SQ

Like my Ko Jo Amp with brass casing , as my diy friend took out the pcb board from the brass casing SQ was so thin and flat .
Casing material is very important

Later on I will keep the good ones and sell the less good ones :D

I love SQ from Theorem as DAC AMP or through the line out for my Abyss headphones

IMO

Jan 9, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #9,392 of 37,711
  Rocco BA & Rhapsodio RDB V1 Mini.

Can be a touch sibilant. 
rolleyes.gif
 But it's a nice pairing with the right genres.

It's also a very nice pairing for the eyes! My god that is a beautiful rig!

Jan 9, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #9,394 of 37,711
Hi all

Thank you for the names for my Theorem Pythagoras and Archimedes is better than Fermat :D

I bought Theorem in copper finish , because I wish with different casing material can have better SQ

Like my Ko Jo Amp with brass casing , as my diy friend took out the pcb board from the brass casing SQ was so thin and flat .
Casing material is very important

Later on I will keep the good ones and sell the less good ones :D

I love SQ from Theorem as DAC AMP or through the line out for my Abyss headphones

IMO
Customize casing?

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #9,396 of 37,711

iPod Touch 5th gen-->silver interconnects-->RSA F-35 Lightning-->silver FBI cables-->SE846.

Please kill me if I replace anything else. I have now replaced my entire rig. Had an iPhone 5, SE535 and an RSA Protector.

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #9,399 of 37,711
Yes, you can have the entire rig. I have to say Mimouille your comments on the SE846 thread is high praise indeed considering the spectacular set of CIEMs you have. You are smart to get a set of OCC silver cables as they make the SE846 really sing.
I just call it how I hear it. And I have always been a Shure fanboy. The cable is already selected :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #9,401 of 37,711
Finally got my ALO Copper Compact 22 :). Now the only question is to upgrade to a ALO Rx Mk3 amp or some new cans. (I'm considering the LCD-XC, Fostex TH900, and the ATH-W5000). Any suggestions on which cans and/or amp to upgrade next? IEMS and open-backed are not options I'm currently considering. I also don't care how large the cans are or how 'goofy' they look in public, I'm 6'7" and about 230lbs so even the massive LCD-3s don't look overblown on my noggin.  Thanks for reading guys, really proud of my first high-end rig!

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:07 AM Post #9,402 of 37,711
  No not customize casing anymore
usually copper casing for limited edition
you can buy and choose copper version or black casing

IC, i wondering how the casing affect the sound, all i can think of is the EMI shielding. But for sure brass would be much heavier.

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:28 AM Post #9,403 of 37,711
  Finally got my ALO Copper Compact 22 :). Now the only question is to upgrade to a ALO Rx Mk3 amp or some new cans. (I'm considering the LCD-XC, Fostex TH900, and the ATH-W5000). Any suggestions on which cans and/or amp to upgrade next? IEMS and open-backed are not options I'm currently considering. I also don't care how large the cans are or how 'goofy' they look in public, I'm 6'7" and about 230lbs so even the massive LCD-3s don't look overblown on my noggin.  Thanks for reading guys, really proud of my first high-end rig!

Full cans are gonna be heavy walking around with man. You would probably want to take weight and comfort into consideration with your choices. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back