Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI)
Jun 18, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #4,816 of 37,643
Looks very cool Bro AudioFreakie your diy pure silver cable
How is the SQ from your pure silver compare to branded iem cable ?

Thanks rudi0504, I already compare it to Athena cable and it is better. The detail include micro detail, speed, impact, bass, it's feel great.
Compared to stock cable, this cable throw the stock cable out to the water.

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #4,819 of 37,643
Quote:
Get yourself a Sony DSC-RX100  :wink:

Ha! He also recommended the RX100, but it's a bit more expensive...not sure what I'll get. He also said Canon G12 (or was it 11?). Anyways, there seem to be some very good point-and-shoots these days. Derail over, I swear.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #4,821 of 37,643
Just received a new cable for my T70p terminated with an ALO Balanced jack and XLR connectors:

I can't believe the sound improvement through running a balanced connection.....more openness to the music and definitely better dynamics.

Jun 18, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #4,825 of 37,643
Quote:
Just received a new cable for my T70p terminated with an ALO Balanced jack and XLR connectors:

I can't believe the sound improvement through running a balanced connection.....more openness to the music and definitely better dynamics.

Looks good mate :) 
What are, And how did you do the sockets in the T70's cups?
Im thinking of doing the same with my DT770 Premium Hybrids :)

Jun 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #4,826 of 37,643
Looks good mate :) 
What are, And how did you do the sockets in the T70's cups?
Im thinking of doing the same with my DT770 Premium Hybrids :)

Can't take the credit for the work on those mate.......mods were undertaken by Matthew at Forza Audio Works. Male 4 pin mini XLR sockets......I believe these are similar sockets to what Audeze use on the LCD. Well worth it though, I'm really impressed with my T70p especially with balanced cable.

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM Post #4,829 of 37,643
May I know what's so good about ortafon tips? Why is it so expensive?

Ortofon Eartips build quality is very good
SQ :
The Ortofon Eartips is very good to pair with my Tralucent 1+2
More balance in all frequencies
High : very detail and clean high
Mid : very sweet and clear mid as well
Bass : very detail and very good impact
Soundstage : very wide and very good depth
Separation : very detail

Note :
For all iems you must try many Eartips , which ones is good / synergy with your iems
For example : Ortofon eartips is not so good for my Earsonic SM 64 V1, for my Erasonic SM64
V1 is better with shure Silicon Eartips .

This is IMO

Jun 18, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #4,830 of 37,643
May I know what's so good about ortafon tips? Why is it so expensive?

The price is not that expensive if u compare it to those from Shure, Westone, V-Moda, etc. but people that already use them swear by them.
Right now on my TG!334 I'm using V-Moda tips as I found them the most comfortable compared to the stock black tips, Heir-lookalike tips, UE tips but the isolation suffers coz of the soft silicone

Users who are viewing this thread

Back