Pictures of Your Portable Rig [Part XIII]
Jul 3, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #5,911 of 5,950
i think 30+ hours would be the sweet spot. i've been running with a 5.5G iPod which only has around 10, it really is torture. i'm considering upgrading for better battery.

Jul 3, 2010 at 11:02 PM Post #5,912 of 5,950
Well I think 10 isn't bad if it's not your main player. I had 10 hours on my main player and it was very maddening having to charge it everyday or during the day with my netbook or laptop. The thing about the C30 is that a friend told me it's better than the clip+ (SQ that is) which would be problematic since I'm more likely to use that if it's better but less battery life :T

Battery life is one thing I miss about selling my D2+. The battery life was great on those

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:43 AM Post #5,913 of 5,950
I still love my i7 for portable use... It lasts forever so I literally never worry about how much juice I have. Same goes for the Shadow, which is hiding.

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:00 AM Post #5,914 of 5,950
Well the main drawback to my iMod is the fact that it's made from the thinner of the iPod 5.5Gs, so it only accepts the lesser battery compared to the thicker version (along with a smaller hdd). And the only reason that is a drawback is that it needs to be charged about five times as often as the Arrow amp that's attached to it!
mad.gif

Jul 4, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #5,915 of 5,950

Quote:
Well that's one of the things that raised a red flag for me. My clip+ has a bit over 19 hours and I ideally would want somewhere around that amount and not half of that. If it had around the same amount of battery I probably would buy it. I'll get a 2nd dap again one day. Maybe I'll go back to cowon which has much longer battery life.

How is this possible? I've never done a complete test of my Clip+ battery life, but the one time I started to,  after 8.5 hours, I was at 46%, and then I decided to recharge so i would have the use of it at work that night. I've heard that the battery charge drops quickly once you dip under the 50% mark, over in the SanDisk forums, so I make it a point to not run mine below there. It's easy enough for me to carry another player or my wall charger with me, just in case.

Jul 4, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #5,916 of 5,950
rawrster probably has it RockBoxed.

Jul 4, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #5,918 of 5,950
Balanced portable combo has become too bulky lately, so I scale down my rig to a single-ended one using RSA Shadow with JH16 and Twag cable. Not a bad choice at all.

Jul 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #5,920 of 5,950
I heard the 650mAh fits the 30gb ipods and that should increase battery life a bit. You can change it to a cf ipod which would also boost battery power.
Quote:
Well the main drawback to my iMod is the fact that it's made from the thinner of the iPod 5.5Gs, so it only accepts the lesser battery compared to the thicker version (along with a smaller hdd). And the only reason that is a drawback is that it needs to be charged about five times as often as the Arrow amp that's attached to it!
mad.gif

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:52 PM Post #5,923 of 5,950
Replace the stock cable for some decent mini to mini that stock cable degrades SQ a lot.

Jul 4, 2010 at 5:55 PM Post #5,924 of 5,950

Quote:
Hey guys, I just got some new toys.

Yuin PK3's are not pictured. :D Right now I have the E5 rubber-banded to the Sansa. I need to find a decent case for the player, ideally one with an armband slot on the back that I can attach the amp to. Any suggestions?

Wrong post above was ment for this one.

Jul 4, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #5,925 of 5,950

Quote:
I heard the 650mAh fits the 30gb ipods and that should increase battery life a bit. You can change it to a cf ipod which would also boost battery power.

My iMod was just cracked open recently to put a new 580mAh in it, but next time; 650 mAh sounds like maybe a 10-15% improvement if I'm lucky. CF is expensive, I really like the 120gb capacity and would rather go up that down in that regards, so I am resigned to charging the thing more frequently or starting over with a thicker model, which could take a 850 mAh + a 240gb hdd. But that would still never come close to catching up with the Arrow battery-wise anyways, Headstage has totally spoiled me in that regard! Too bad the LOD keeps me from attaching one of those external battery sources. But really I don't think I will change a thing, as I really like everything else about my setup!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back